Daddybatch Part 2

Ben's been getting on your nerves. Today was the last straw.

Part 2 to continuous Daddybatch story!

*******************************************************************************************************************

Ever since finding out about the pregnancy, Ben was on "Pregnant Wife Patrol". You were now 8 months pregnant at this point, but Ben wouldn't let you lift a finger if he was around. If he wasn't around and at work, he'd call every hour. You weren't going to lie. It was annoying. It was sweet...but annoying. You didn't have the heart to tell him though because you knew he was just trying to keep you and the baby healthy. As for everything else, he never failed to kiss your growing stomach, sing to it, and tell you both that he loved you both every single day. Your heart was just about to burst. He still called your baby a "she" because he "just knows". That's the only explination he'd give you. You hoped he was right because if it wasn't a girl, you don't know how he's going to react. Not that he would mind it being a boy.

Today was one of those days where Ben was at work. He'd call every hour, just like always, to make sure you both were okay. Lately, he's been a little more on edge, since it was almost time. 

"Honey, are you sure you're okay? It's alright if I come home, they'll understand," he pushed.

"Ben, I'm fine," you sighed in annoyance. "Just like the last five hours, we're both fine. Please, just...focus on work." He could easily hear the annoyance in your voice.

"[Y/N], you know I'm just looking out for you," he defended harshly. "I can't focus on work if I've got you constantly on my mind!" 

You scoffed, "Oh, wow, thanks! Glad to know I'm a burden! You know, I didn't ask for you to be constantly over my shoulder, not letting me fend for myself, like I'm the baby here!"

"No, but you are carrying my child and will do everything I can to keep you both safe and healthy! Why can't you see that?!" 

You couldn't take it anymore. The stress, the yelling, plus your mood swings weren't any help. If it weren't for them, you'd probably be fairly calm. Benedict continued to yell, telling you how he was just "protecting you" and keeping your "best interest at heart". It was then that you just hung up, cutting him off mid-sentence. You didn't feel bad. Why should you? He was yelling and you're pregnant. Your ass he was keeping your best interest at heart. Ugh. You needed a bath. But first, a nice, long nap.

**********

BEN'S P.O.V.

"I am only keeping your best interest at heart! I would do anything, whether you like it or not to--hello? [Y/N]? Bloody hell, did you really just hang up on me?!" Ben grunted and tossed his phone on the couch in his trailer. He ran his hands over his face and into his hair. He just couldn't understand why you didn't understand. Everything he said was true, but he didn't know how to get you to see.

There was a knock on his trailer door, telling him they were ready on set. He decided he'd get through today, then go home and see what he could do about you. Before he could do that, though, he had to get some hard adivce.

"I don't know, Martin, I just...christ! I'm just trying to help," he sighed. Martin chuckled. "Welcome to life of having a pregnant wife! She's hormonal, Ben, things are going to be said and they're not going to be nice. Believe me, when Amanda was--."

"When Amanda was what, darling?" A voice came from behind them. Of course, it was Amanda. Martin smiled. "Nothing," he told her. "Just comparing pregnant wives."