Will You Love Me?~Part 12

Sorry! I would have uploaded sooner, but I was having some problems...oh well! Here you go!

***********************************************************************************************************************

You were finally going home today! But that was nothing compared to the news you got when you woke up this morning...

"Hey, sleeping beauty," Ben cooed softly, while brushing back strands of your hair. "Look who's here." You turned your head a little bit to see Emma in a crib next to Nate's. The biggest smile appeared on your face, making Ben laugh. "She gets to come home with us," he proudly stated, as you picked up Emma and held her close. You've only held her a few times before, but this time was different.

"I can't wait to get them home," you quietly told him. "I can't wait to start this with you." Ben thought his heart was going burst! He had all three of you in one room with him and he has never been more in love.

While you were occupied with Emma, he picked up a just-waking Nate and cradled him close to his chest. He leaned back against the headboard of the hospital bed and put his free arm over your shoulder, bringing you and Emma closer to his side.

He placed a kiss on your head and asked, "Ready to go home?" You let out a long sigh and said, "God, yes! I need to soak in a bath for the next three days." He chuckled, while bouncing Nate a little and running his hand over Emma's sparse hair on her baby soft head. "That can be arranged, my love," he told you. "After all, I think you deserve it."

A little while later, after Ben signed all the papers, you were all ready to get your babies home. Ben had brought in the carriers and strapped the kids in. You were a little too weak to carry one, so he got them both to the car and strapped in securely in the backseat. You sat in between them in the middle seat with a smile plastered on your face.

You were going home with your family. Your perfect little family.

Ben was driving well below the speed limit, being careful with every bump and turn. At every stoplight, he'd reach back to one of the kids and coo at them, promising they'd be home soon. It absolutely warmed your heart how much he adores his kids.

When you eventually did get home, you were greeted by yours and his parents. They've been keeping an eye on the house and making sure you had plenty of food for yourselves, as you had more than enough for the kids.

As soon as you walked through the door, your parents were all over the kids. It all happened so fast, too. One minute, Ben was holding the kids in their carriers, and then the next, they were whisked away without notice. Ben stood there with two empty carriers and a baffled expression.

"Did you just kidnap my children?" He asked incrediously. The parents ignored him and continued into the living room, cooing and their grandkids. 

Ben set down the carriers and turned to you. "Do you ned anything, my love? Water? Pillow? Blanket? A kiss?" You smiled and answered, "I think I'll take you up on a kiss first." He chuckled and leaned down, giving you a loving, tender kiss. When he pulled back you said, "A pillow, blanket, and some water sounds nice, too." He smiled and kissed your cheek. "Of course, my darling."

You made your way into the living room and marvelled at the sight of yours and Ben's parents. They were bouncing the kids, singing, tickling. Of course, they were careful with Emma when it came to that.

You decided you needed to rest, so you attempted to sit on the couch. You were still sore from from having your stomach cut open and having two humans pulled from you, but it's nothing you couldn't handle. Ben, on the other hand, saw your struggle when he came back in and immediately ran to your side to help you. 

He placed the pillow on your back, put the blanket over your legs, put the glass of water next to you on the table, and then sat down with you, while also stealing some of the blanket. You both watched your kids with their grandparents and smiled. Ben cuddled up to you and sighed contently. "I can't wait to get started," he told you. "Late nights, crying, diaper changes..." You continued for him, "Hormones, boyfriends, girlfreinds, the talk, school, heart-break, rebelious stages--." 

"Alright, I get the point," he chuckled. "Still, despite me trying to fend off every boy that comes near my baby girl, I can't wait. It's going to be a ride." 

**

"WOUAAAA!!" You and Ben both jolted up from your sleep and quickly got out of bed. The twins were staying in your room for a little while, just until they can get their sleeping pattern sorted. So far, life as new parents has been utterly exhausting. And you've only had the kids home for eleven hours. Since then, it's been crying, feeding, crying, pooping, crying, and crying. 

Over these past eleven hours, you have already offically figured out the secret to calming them down...Ben's voice. The rumbling, baritone sound seemed to put them at ease, which put you at ease. You can already tell that they're going to be asking him to read to them every night just to hear the soothing tone of their dad. 

That was perfectly fine with you. Less work for you! Though, Ben would like to point out that it's your singing that put them to sleep the last time. The soft, motherly tone you had would easily calm them, as well. 

"Alright, you sing to Em and I'll recite Ode to a Nightingale to Nate," Ben told you over the cries. And so, you did just that. Last time, you sang "Do You Want to Build A Snowman?" because it was the first thing that popped into your head. This time, now that you've thought a little more, sang "Safe and Sound" by Taylor Swift. 

You had only sang the first verse when Em stopped crying. She was still awake, but continued to stare up at you in wonder. Soon, it felt like it was just you and Em in the room. But as it turns out, it was only you and Em in the room because Ben stopped his reciting and was smiling at you two. 

Once Emma was asleep, you stopped singing, then looked to Ben. He had the most loving smile on his face, as he looked at you with adoring eyes. "I don't think I even got the third line when I stopped, and then he fell asleep to mummy's voice," he chuckled with a whisper. You rolled your eyes and whispered, "Your voice is pure magic, it was clearly you." 

You both put them back in the crib and got yourselves back in bed. Ben spooned you tightly to his chest and kissed the back of your head. 

"You know," he whispered, "I think we've got this parenting thing down already." Without any way of being able to see each other or any coordination, you quietly high-fived each other.