Dr. Cumberbatch~Part 4

Last part of Dr. Cumberbatch! Though, if you want him to make a re-appearance, let me know!

(Sorry if it's a bit short)

****************************************************************************

"What will you be doing this weekend, Dr. Cumberbatch?" Nurse Amanda asked, while setting up for his next patient. Ben smiled and told her, "Oh, just quiet time with the wife and kids. Though, with the boys, it's never really quiet." She laughed and asked, "What about the girls?" He chuckled and told her, "They're their mother's daughters. I can only hope this next one will be, as well."

His next patient, three-year-old Alex Kyle, came into the room with his grandmother. "Hello there, Alex," he greeted with a smile. "Are you ready to feel better?" Alex nodded and his grandmother laughed a bit. "He's not too keen on shots," she warned. Ben shrugged and told her, "Nothing I haven't dealt with before. My kids are the same." Nurse Amanda took Alex back for some tests, while Ben asked Alex's grandmother some questions.

When they were done, she asked him, "How many kids do you have?" Ben smiled. He loved talking about his kids. "Four," he told her. "Two boys and twin girls. We have another on the way, as well." She put her hand over her heart and asked, "How old?" Without having to think (like some parents do), he said, "My oldest, Dalton, is five. My daughters, Hannah and Lilly, are four. And then my youngest, Conner, is two." She then asked to see some pictures. He always kept a small family photo on his clipboard, so he flipped back all the papers and showed her.

"They are all so beautiful," she gushed. "Your wife is very pretty. How'd you two meet?" Ben looked around the familiar Finding Nemo room and said, "We met here, in this room, actually. She brought in her nephew and it was love at first sight."

Nurse Amanda brought Alex back in and Ben gave him a shot by bribing him with a lollipop. Once he and his grandmother left, Nurse Amanda told him his last patient cancelled, so he could go home. He was all too eager to get home to you and the kids.

**

Ben had barely pulled up to the driveway when the front door swung open and three small figures ran outside. He stepped out of the car and was immediately tackled by tiny arms. "Daddy! Daddy!" They all shouted. Ben chuckled and knelt down to them to bring them into a hug.

"How are you, my darlings?" He asked. They all answered at the same time, telling him about their day, and like everyday, he tried to listen. He scooped them up in his arms and walked inside, as they continued to talk his ear off.

You walked into the hallway with Conner in your arms and giggled at how your husband was trying to listen to three different stories at the same time. You decided to step in and save him. "Okay, you guys. Go wash up for dinner and you can show daddy your new toys." Ben set them all down and kissed their heads, before letting them run off.

He sighed and walked up to you and Conner. He kissed you and murmurred against your lips, "Hello, you." He placed his hand on your growing belly, as you murmurred back, "Hello to you, too." Conner started squirming in your arms and reaching out to Ben.

"Dada," he whined. He's been sick for almost a day, so he's been a bit fussy. Ben took him from your arms, while saying, "Come here, my beautiful boy." He kissed Conner's cheek several times, then asked you, "How's he been?" He put his hand on Conner's head and cheeks to check for a fever.

"He seems to be getting better," you told him. "I gave him what you said and he's been a little more active." Ben kissed his cheek again and told you, "He's a little warm, but I don't think there's much to worry about. We just have to keep an eye on him."

"Thank goodness there's a doctor in the house," you winked.

**

Dinner, as always, was eventful with Ben making the kids laugh so hard that milk almost came out of their noses. You almost had water coming out. He was very good at impressions and never failed to entertain all of you.

After dinner, you all went into the family room and played some games. Conner fell asleep in one of Ben's arms, so he had to play Candy Land one handed. Once he was put to bed, you, Dalton, the girls, and Ben decided to watch a movie. The kids voted on Harry Potter, so you're both clearly raising them correctly.

About halfway through the movie, Dalton had fallen asleep on your lap, while the girls had fallen asleep under each of Ben's arms. He kissed their heads, then leaned over and kissed you. "I am so happy, [Y/N]," he whispered. "Thank you for making me so happy."

You kissed him and whispered, "God, I am so in love with you."

"I am so in love with you, too."