Stalker ~ Part 5

"I'm not comfortable with you going into work," Ben told you, as you hobbled your nine month along belly out of the bathroom. "Ben, I'm not going to actually be working," you assured him. "Everyone was nice enough to throw me a little party before this one comes along. I'll only be a few hours, I promise."

He grumbled something about you being ready to pop, but you ignored him. He was only being protective since there was only a few days left until you were due. He's been on high alert everyday for three weeks, since you've gotten false contractions. 

"I will be back," you told him. "I love you. We love you." He smirked and placed a kiss on your lips. "I love you both, too. Call me if you want me to pick you up." You nodded, then gave him one more kiss before leaving and hailing a cab. 

You got to work a few minutes later and made your way up to your office. When you stepped off the elevator, the entire floor you worked with shouted, "Happy baby shower!" You jumped a bit, then started laughing. The entire office was decorated in blue and pink ribbons, balloons, confetti. 

They even wheeled out a cake that said, Stache or No Stache? You and Ben are waiting to find out the gender until the baby is born, so you've been having a lot of "boy or girl?" type games at a couple showers your friends have thrown you. 

You greeted everyone with hugs and kisses on the cheek and thanked them all for setting this up. You were then led over to a table they had set up full of junk food. One side had every type of chocolate with nuts and blue plates stacked next to them. The other side had every type of chocolate without nuts and pink plates stacked next to them. 

You had never laughed so hard and you sent a picture to Ben. 

For the first hour or so, you mingled with everyone while nursing a glass of water and talked about how excited you and Ben were for the little one. People asked why Ben didn't come and it was because he had an interview to do for Doctor Strange. It was a short one, but still required him to be gone for several hours. 

A little later, you all started playing some games. The first one was a race to see who could put the diaper on the doll the fastest. You knew if Ben were here, he'd win this no problem. Unfortunately, you got third place. In your defense, you were up against two women who each had two kids. 

The next game was "Pin the diaper on the baby". You got the closest to it, so you won that game. Finally, there was a break with the games and the cake was being served. As you were handed a piece, your phone rang. 

After excusing yourself, you went into your office and shut the door. "Hello, Mr. Cumberbatch," you answered. "Hello, Mrs. Cumberbatch. Having a fun time?" You smiled widely and told him, "I'm having a great time! You should stop by if you can!"

He hummed for a moment, then said, "It looks like I'll be getting out of here early, so I'll stop by, or at least pick you up. But everything's alright? Baby's okay?" You playfully rolled your eyes as you said, "Yes, the baby is fine. Perfect, in fact."

He chuckled, "That's what I like to hear. Okay, well I'll let you get back to your party. Karon is motioning for us to get the hell out of here, so it looks like I'll be there in a few minutes. I love you." You smiled as you said, "I love you, too. And hurry up! There's not much cake left."

"Oh, save me a piece! Please!" You laughed at how much of a child he turned into. This man's weakness is sweets. "Only if you get your cute ass over here." He promised to be there in a few short minutes, then hung up. 

In the meantime, you walked over to your desk and smiled at the pictures you had displayed. One was of you and Ben around the first time you met. Another was of your first anniversary together. The next one was of your wedding and your honeymoon next to it. The last one had the final ultrasound picture before this one would be born.