Be Mine

By heartlessbrock

The third book to the Lucky series. Hope you enjoy! More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
147
148
149
150
151
152
153
154
155
156
157
158
159
160
161
162
163
164
165
166
167
168
169
170
171
172
173
174
175
176
177
178
179
180
Not a chapter

134

2.7K 63 20
By heartlessbrock

I woke up to the sun shining into the room. I woke up feeling like a truck hit me, I had slept that hard.

Colby wasn't in the room and the girls weren't crying so I assumed he was with them.

When I got out of bed I stretched, causing the pain the radiate throughout my entire body again. "Oh!" I gasped out as my hands flew to my stomach.

"More Vicodin." I mumbled then trudged to the bathroom.

I grabbed the pill bottle then popped one of the pills into my mouth. I then brushed my teeth and made my way out of the room so I could find Colby and the girls.

I walked to the nursery but scrunched my brow, realizing they weren't in there. "Colby?" I asked then turned to go downstairs.

"Colby?!" I called out again but heard nothing. "Hmmph." I huffed out as I walked into the kitchen.

I noticed there was a note on the counter so I went over to it and picked it up.

Went out to get breakfast - Colby, Nova, and Luna.

"Cute." I said with a grin then slowly made my way to the living room so I could get comfortable on the couch while the pain killers tried to cure the pain that was killing me slowly.

As I sat there I started thinking about the dream I had last night.

Was it just a dream or was it a conversation that actually happened? There was only one way to answer that question.

I grabbed my phone and dialed Chad's number. I meant to call him sooner but I got sidetracked with everything.

"Hey! How's my favorite flower?" Chad answered after a couple rings. "I've been better. How are you doing?" I asked as he sighed.

"I've been worried about you. You guys just left town so fast." He said as I frowned.

"I know, I'm sorry. Things were just so bad and I couldn't be there anymore. I know I should have at least said goodbye." I said with a sigh. "Don't worry about it, Vi. How are you feeling?" He asked as I sighed.

"I'm in a lot of pain, but I'm on some intense medication now so that's good." I said and picked at the blanket on my lap.

"I can't believe he did that to you." Chad said as I nodded. "I can't either. Have you heard from him?" I asked as he sighed.

"Yeah. He feels really bad." He said as I scoffed slightly. "As he should." I said as he sighed again. "Is he going to prison or not?" I asked and started twisting my necklace.

"No. They gave him a charge of assault and battery and gave him community service." Chad explained as I sighed.

"Please make sure he doesn't try to come here." I said as the front door opened. "I'm trying, V. He just wants to make things right." He said as I sighed.

"I don't want anything to do with him. Please just don't let him come...please." I begged as Colby came into the room with the girls in his arms.

"I'll try, Vi. He seems really persistent even though Colby warned him to not. I'll talk to him though. You just focus on taking care of yourself and your injuries." Chad said as I smiled at Colby.

"I will. Love you, Chad." I said as Colby carefully laid the girls on the ground.

"Love you, too. I'll talk to you later." Chad said then hung up. "Hey, I thought you were getting breakfast." I said as he chuckled.

"I couldn't carry the girls and the breakfast. I'll be right back." Colby said then leaned over and kissed my cheek. "Okay." I said then stood up so I could sit on the floor with the girls.

The Vicodin was starting to kick in which I was grateful for because the pain was subsiding. "Did daddy take you on an adventure?" I asked as the girls cooed and looked up at me.

"Yeah! Was it fun? I'm excited to see what you guys got." I said and caressed their cheeks as the front door opened again.

Colby came back into the room a couple minutes later with a box of donuts in his hand.

"I brought donuts." Colby said as I laughed. "Ooooo nutritious. Gimme." I said then held my hands up as he grinned and handed me the box.

"I want this one." I said then grabbed the chocolate sprinkle donut and handed him the box. "How are you feeling?" Colby asked as I smiled.

"I took another pill this morning, so I'm actually feeling okay." I said then took a bite of the donut in my hand.

"That's good, you look good." He said as I smiled. "Yeah, not as good as these little cuties though! We're they okay with the bottles this morning?" I asked as he nodded.

"They were happy little girls." He said then sat on the ground next to me with a glaze donut in his hand.

"I talked to Chad today." I said as I took Nova's hand, rubbing my thumb along her knuckles. "Yeah? How's he doing?" Colby asked as I sighed.

"He's fine. Dealing with Jarrod has probably been really annoying." I said as Colby scoffed. "Definitely annoying. Has he tried to contact you again?" He asked as I shook my head.

"No, I'm just scared he's gonna try and come here." I said as he tensed slightly. "I don't think he will. He knows I'll kill him." He said as I chuckled.

"Calm down. No more prison, remember?" I asked as he sighed. "He should be in prison. Fucking psycho." He mumbled as I put my hand on his leg.

"Chad told me he's going to try and keep him in Colorado." I said then wiggled Nova's hand causing her to coo and smile up at me.

"He better stay there. I don't want him anywhere near you." Colby said as I sighed and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"I know, babe." I said then finished my donut and took Luna's hand, wiggling it also.

"I think I'm gonna try and cook something today. It's been forever." I said, changing the subject. "Yeah?" Colby asked as the girls smiled up at me.

"Yeah. I want to be productive while the Vicodin is in full swing. What should I make?" I asked as he shrugged.

"Whatever you want." He said as I sighed. "I'll have to look through dad's cookbook. He had the best recipes." I said with a sigh.

"Speaking of your dad. Sam and I were talking about where we wanted to go for the next big trip and we were thinking Ohio...I don't know if you would want to come." Colby said as I sighed.

"Why are you so keen on me going to Ohio?" I asked as he shrugged, looking down at the girls.

"I've just been thinking about how you entered the contest all those years ago to talk to your parents, but we've yet to talk to your parents." Colby explained.

"I've talked to them. Whenever I'm on my deathbed they pop up." I said as he sighed. "Do you really think that's them though?" He asked as I clenched my jaw.

"Yes." I said then stood up. "Why wouldn't it be them?" I asked getting defensive.

"There's just no way to prove that it's actually them, and not just your brain making things comfortable for if you were to die." Colby said as I scooped the girls into my arms.

"It's them, Colby." I snapped as he held his hands up in surrender. "I'm not saying it's not. I'm just saying that we don't know." He said as I clenched my jaw and turned to walk to the kitchen.

"V..." Colby said as he followed me. "I just don't want to talk about this." I said then got the girls settled into their swings. "I'm sorry." He said quietly and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I didn't mean to upset you." He said and rested his chin on my shoulder as I strapped the girls into the swing.

"I know, but those little moments from them are the only thing keeping me from cracking. I can't even fathom the idea of them being figments of my imagination." I said feeling my eyes water.

"I know. I'm sorry. I just think it would be cool to be able to actually try and talk to them where they passed, that way we can know for sure that you're talking to them." Colby explained as I turned around so I could face him.

"I'll think about it." I mumbled then wrapped my arms around him, hugging him. "Maybe if we go we can talk to grams, too. I miss her." I said quietly as he kissed my head.

"You don't have to do anything you're not comfortable with. Plus we have a couple weeks or even months before we go on that trip. We have some places around here we need to go to first." Colby said as I nodded.

"I'll think about it." I repeated then rested my cheek on his chest. I listened to his heartbeat as my mind raced.

I had always wondered if those dreams or visions were real and if I was talking to them. I think I just let myself believe it because I needed the comfort.

It was necessarily out of pocket to assume my body was just trying to get me comfortable with death because I only ever really saw them when I was dying.

I also didn't know if I wanted to go to where the accident happened. I haven't been to the scene of the accident since it took place because I was too heartbroken.

Maybe going would be a good thing. Maybe I would be able to actually see them since my clairvoyance has been so powerful.

It was definitely something to think about.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 5K 95
This is the third book in the heartless series, so read the other two or this will make no sense haha
296K 7.3K 112
This is a sequel to heartless, if you haven't read that one yet, read that haha love you guys!
2.7K 22 20
i'm really bad at descriptions. there is no plot to this story, just purely fluff/entertainment. my writing evolves over the time ive been writing th...
14.4K 114 50
STORY FINISHED ENJOY SEQUEL OF THIS STORY PUBLISHED AT THE END AS WELL