Blood Contract

"Aren't you going to save your 'uncle' first?" She chuckled. "He might die any moment now..."

Aerion formed a sphere of Light Magic, directing it towards Viserys. All the while, the grandmaster focused on her counterattack. She turned away from Aerion and opened the entrance to the deeper level of the cellar.

Aerion ran up the stairs to see Viserys and Jaime instead of immediately giving chase.

"What will we do now?" Jaime inquired.

"Survive... that is the most important thing to do," Aerion answered after healing Viserys. "Even if we must temporarily retreat from the Freehold of Valyria."

He walked to the top of the cellar and opened the exit.

"Leave with Viserys, I will join you soon."

Aerion commanded all of the Soul Knights to move closer to the Palace before walking back down to see where the grandmaster had run off to. He walked past the entrance and down another set of stairs. Once the deeper floor came into view, Aerion was astounded by its sheer size.

There were hundreds upon hundreds of corpses piled into hills to the side of the black-emerald cellar. Towards the end, laid an extravagant, colossal and terrifying tomb. Aerion felt a malevolent aura like no other leaking through the tomb. As a matter of fact, this aura was so dense that it managed to materialise into a fog of darkness around the tomb.

The grandmaster stood in front of the tomb.

"Wouldn't want me to wake him, now would we?"

Aerion smiled. "We can negotiate. You did say something about leaving this cellar sometime ago... but, other than that, I do not know what you desire."

"Negotiate... hmph, very well." She nodded. "The strength of your magic now surpasses my own but I'll have you know that those guards of yours are still at my disposal. Their souls, to be more precise."

"I could erase them completely so you had better keep your word regarding these negotiations of yours. If you truly care about them, that is."

Aerion frowned as the situation had grown far more complicated than before. He had planned to distract her with his negotiations and strike when the time was right. But now... what would be the point of that? She could destroy three of his Kingsguard with a mere flick of her fingers.

He had a difficult decision to make... disregard the souls of his Kingsguard or proceed to do whatever was necessary to free them, neither of which he wanted to do. Both were terrible options, after all.

...

"I've been trapped in this god-forsaken cellar for quite a few years and it seems that you're my way out of it." She sat down on the tomb. "The only other person who was capable of opening it was the one who trapped me... and let's just say that he wasn't too fond of releasing me. He provides all that I would need to continue living and nothing more."

"I'm almost starting to feel sorry for you." Aerion chuckled. "Release my Kingsguard and I'll let you leave. That seems fair, no?"

"Hmm, and how do I know that you'll simply let me leave?"

"You will have to trust me."

Once I get my hands on her... death would be a blessing.

She shrugged. "Your rage seems far too great for a promise to mean anything. I know that the moment I release them will be the moment that my misery begins. So... we'll have to form a blood contract to ensure that neither of us will disregard the terms of our deal."