Combined Efforts

"You see I, too, desire the Tome of Hematomancy," Aerion stated. "Which means that we have similar interests."

"Are you proposing that we share the Tome?"

Aerion nodded. "Together, we can complete the trials ahead with greater ease. Such an arrangement would certainly benefit both of us. More so you than myself, in truth."

"How so?"

"Because I am stronger than you." Aerion smiled as he looked down on Helia. "If you do agree to this temporary alliance, I will be one to own the Tome of Hematomancy. But you will, of course, be able to observe the tome whenever I am not using it."

"No, I want full ownership over the Tome of Hematomancy. Though, I wouldn't mind giving it to you once in a while. How about that?"

Aerion frowned. "It is natural for the one who contributes most to have the best spoils. Is this simple concept foreign to you, Helia Malitheos? Or are you still stubborn regarding that deal Viserys made before?"

"My effort to protect you should be considered, at the very least. I can help you defeat the Soul King and you can take everything he has for yourself. But the Tome of Hematomancy? It is mine."

This woman...

"You can continue dreaming of it."

Aerion turned to Viserys. "Do you know where my weapons are?"

"Of course... but we've attained finer weapons during your rest. Weapons made of valyrian steel, to be precise. I've trained with a few and it was an experience unlike any other. They cut through plate armour like a piece of cloth and still manage to be light as a feather."

"Show me."

Viserys nodded and walked past Aerion, leading the way to an armoury in the palace where the weapons of the dragonlords were kept.

"Are you going to ignore me?" Helia grit her teeth as Aerion walked further and further away. "Unbelievable..."

Viserys opened the door to the armour and began to showcase all of the valyrian steel weapons that they had looted. Aerion tried a few of them for himself and was impressed by the craftsmanship concerning valyrian steel itself. Of course, the aesthetic of the weapons was praise-worthy but the steel itself was something entirely different. It was magical, in fact.

"It is a shame that the Valyrian Freehold was ruined by the Doom, resulting in a limited supply of this magnificent material. But... that shame can work to our favour. If I can learn how to produce valyrian steel from the high valyrians present, I will most certainly have the key to ruling the world."

Aerion made a jest while he swung a one-handed valyrian steel sword as if it were a small knife.

"Is it that valuable?"

"To a degree, yes." Aerion nodded. "Unfortunately, none of the swords are my own. I believe that a greater weapon awaits me in that cellar... one that suits me more."

Aerion returned his sword and sheath to his belt along with the dagger. Despite being nameless, he had grown quite attached to the two blades after so many battles. They had granted him many victories and slain many more men along the way. Meanwhile, those valyrian steel swords... well, they looked pretty but he didn't care for them. Still, just in case something were to happen, he took one of the valyrian steel longswords.

Instead of throwing away his trusty blades, Aerion planned to have them reforged with valyrian steel.

"Wait, you're going back to the cellar already?" Viserys inquired as he observed Aerion walking towards the cellar. "What for?"