The Silver Khal

Aerion sat at his table, surrounded by his magisters, Kingsguard and a few Soul Knights. They were gathered in order to be informed of his decisions and how matters will be proceeding onwards.

"I will be riding my khalasar to victory against the army while Stannis will take good care of the navy... if they are foolish enough to strike, that is. Once these two rebel forces are defeated, the leaders of the Free Cities will have to pay the price of defying me."

Illyrio smiled. "What will you do to the Iron Bank? The people behind it supported the Sea Lord in his wish to rid off you, after all."

"Oh, I will only be taking it for myself." Aerion smiled. "Along with any other banks, just as I have done with all occupied Free Cities... which would make me the richest man in this part of Essos, if not the entirety of the Known World. Ah, speaking of the Iron Bank... the Crown has gathered some debt, hasn't it?"

"Yes, mainly due to Robert's need for amusement." Stallio Pahroran added.

Aerion smirked. "And now, he needs gold for the ongoing Rebellion... and ships to buy."

"Wouldn't that be helping your greatest enemy?"

"I would be digging him into a deeper hole, making him swallow his pride and showing the Seven Kingdoms once again who the more capable ruler is. All to benefit me... though I do not mind Tywin's lands being raided, they will one day be mine which means that the Iron Fleet cannot be left running loose for too long."

"It would cause some damage that would negatively affect me in the future... you understand that, don't you, Stallio?"

"Of course, I understand now. We are all blessed to be led by such a wise Emperor."

"Good... now, you may all leave, except for Ser Jaime."

Once the main hall cleared, Aerion stood up and turned to Jaime Lannister.

"What do you think about becoming the Lord of Casterly Rock and Lord Paramount of the Westerlands... if the rules of the Kingsguard were to be altered?"

"I never wished to be the heir to Casterly Rock. You knew this from a long time ago... why ask now?"

"People change." Aerion shrugged. "If that truly is the case, I will have to leave that honour to your younger brother, the Imp... or find a new Great House to replace House Lannister which would be rather troublesome."

"Or you may leave the title for my father."

"You see, Jaime, that is where the true issue lies. Even if I keep him as the Lord Paramount, whether he is alive or undead, who in Seven Hells is going to be his heir? He is too old to produce another child... which leads back to the Imp and yourself, Jaime."

"A member of the Kingsguard cannot-"

Aerion smiled as he interrupted Jaime. "Tsk, tsk, tsk... as I said, the rules can be altered. King Aegon, the First of his Name, founded the Kingsguard under the suggestion of Queen Visenya Targaryen who based the oaths around the dreadful Night's Watch. It makes sense and I understand the reasoning behind it... but I can make a few exceptions."

The Knight of the Realm... an honour that will only be bestowed to you.

"You can remain as my knight and ignore the lands that should be yours, but they will eventually be passed down to your children. You may marry whoever you wish... perhaps that lady you tumbled once or twice? In truth, it doesn't matter to me..."

"Even if you make an exception, I know that my marriage would not be accepted..."

"How so?" Aerion frowned slightly. "Was it a peasant that you were interested in?"