Reform

295 AC, a week later.

Aerion's pirate fleet neared Tyrosh. The Tyroshi, however, were not worried about a direct invasion as Tyrosh was a fortress-like city protected by high walls. The sellswords, merchants and nobles merely evacuated into its high walls beforehand, believing that the pirates would not be able to penetrate the walls. The archon left some of the residents outside... why? He could not care less about them as they were all slaves.

Along with that, they were to serve as a distraction for the pirates.

Aerion's forces post-battle had decreased to about a thousand, which he raised to eleven hundred within five days. Currently, his army consisted of five hundred undead and six hundred men as he looked towards conquering Tyrosh.

Jaime confronted Aerion an hour before they would reach the port of Tyrosh, catching Aerion's attention by grabbing his shoulder. "A small conversation, my prince?"

Aerion turned to face him. "Sure."

"In private."

Aerion nodded and walked down to the lower deck. Following that, he entered his quarters and Jaime closed the door. "I wonder what it is you wish to speak about."

"Truth be told, I have a slight distaste towards these pirates. They are outlaws who plunder the seas and nothing more... siding with them would only serve to tarnish your reputation."

"My reputation?" Aerion chuckled "There was nothing to tarnish in the first place. My very existence was all but forgotten outside of Dorne."

"Jaime, allow me to remind you... these pirates are nothing more than my stepping stones towards the greater goal of retaking the Iron Throne. Once Tyrosh is mine, their use will be fulfilled and they will be disbanded. Those that remain will be reformed into a proper army and my so-called reputation will be restored within time as I rule Tyrosh."

"That is good to hear." Jaime nodded. "But what if the Usurper decides to strike now that you are no longer in Dorne?"

"I dare him to try. I do admit that I would be a fool not to fear the Demon of the Trident in the field." Aerion stated.

"But the sea? The sea is my domain."

Jaime smiled. "As usual, I will protect you on the battlefield along with the other Kingsguard. I'm quite certain that this conquest will be successful on the first attempt."

As he was about to leave, Aerion sat down and spoke. "Come and sit with me. We still have much to discuss."

"And what may that be?"

"The Lord Commander of my Kingsguard is still uncertain as I saw no need in naming one. And... in truth, it was quite difficult to choose between you and Ser Arthur."

"Oh?" Jaime turned around and sat down. "Who will it be?"

Then, he smirked. "You would not choose Arthur over me, would you?"

"Of course not," Aerion replied. "I admire you more than Ser Arthur. Yes, he is the Sword of the Morning... but you risked everything to protect me. Your reputation, House and life were all at stake. For now, in the eyes of the Usurper's supporters, you have lost two because of me."

House Lannister has forsaken you and the rest call you Kingslayer... hmph, not for long.

"And I will return both to you. The day will come when you will be the golden lion of House Lannister once more. This, I promise."

"You are silver-tongued, my prince." Jaime chuckled. "I, however, do not need any more promises from you. I have already promised my sword to you until death, unlike these pirates you keep around. They only serve the gold you distribute."