Spoils Of War

The Middle of 295 AC, King's Landing.

It was in the very middle of the night when the first ship of the Mad King's fleet was discovered by a member of the city watch. The gold cloak looked more closely and saw that many more ships followed, all bearing the distinctive standard of House Targaryen. The gold cloak's heartbeat rapidly increased as he ran to inform his captain, who would then inform the commander of the City Watch.

As the fleet neared, a growing number of people knew of what was to come. Before, several men from the Royal Navy had arrived to speak on their defeat and the unknown fate of the King. They knew that Aerion had emerged victorious... but they did not anticipate a direct attack on King's Landing, not so soon after facing the Royal Navy.

The City Watch was prepared to face the upcoming threat as per the orders of Lyanna Stark. There were roughly two thousand gold cloaks to protect King's Landing. They would be supported by a few other warriors... but, other than that, there was no one else. Meanwhile, the men of Aerion's fleet were greater in number, more experienced, stronger and ruthless in battle. Above all else, they were led by a far more capable commander.

This battle was destined to be a slaughter from the very beginning.

Aerion's forces landed on the Blackwater Bay through the use of rowing boats. Before the first volley could fall upon his army, Aerion blasted the gate open with a Mighty Roar and followed that up with another Mighty Roar onto the walls. A sizeable number of the archers were sent falling down the wall, which demoralised the rest.

"STORM THE CITY AND KILL EVERY GOLD CLOAK YOU LAY YOUR EYES ON!"

Aerion led the charge, with his temporary shield facing the archers. He ran towards the gate and cut through the first hesitant gold cloak's neck with shocking speed. Another gold cloak attempted to slash towards him but he blocked the blow with his shield. Aerion followed that up with a shield bash to the head, which disorientated the gold cloak.

Aerion left him to the charging horde of undead as his sword could not pierce mail armour well. The true battle started at the gate, where the City Watch gathered and attempted to repel Aerion's forces. The terrifying emerald-flamed skeletons were not the most welcome sight in the middle of the night, frightening a majority of the gold cloaks before they had even started fighting. Meanwhile, the greater undead slaughtered the gold cloaks who stood in their way through sheer brute strength.

Aerion was well protected by his four Kingsguard at a short-range... however, one sneaky archer managed to fire an arrow into his knee. After a slight groan of pain, Aerion's violet gaze narrowed onto the archer and looked up at him with murderous intent.

The archer flinched back slightly before preparing another arrow.

Aerion grimaced in pain after taking the arrow out of his knee but his eyes did not leave the archer as he rose to his feet once more.

"KING'S GUARD, GREATER UNDEAD, WITH ME."

Aerion stormed the walls of King's Landing, joining the soldiers who were already there. He slaughtered every gold cloak who stood in his way and slowly made his way to the archer who was the cause of his pain. Once he got too close, the archer dropped his bow and ran.

"You're going nowhere."

Aerion's wind caught hold of the archer and dragged him closer... against his will, of course. The archer wailed but it was no use as Aerion slit his throat open. After that, his hand formed emerald flames and stole something from the fresh corpse.

It was none other than the archer's soul which he stored within himself. This was the very first time Aerion had utilised the Soul Stealing ability.