Fall Of The Proud Lion

"Haha... see? I have utmost faith in His Grace." Mace Tyrell smiled, until he started to reminisce about the food and wine that was on the table. Now his sweet delights were nothing more than particles in the air.

'Or were you too stupid to move? Hmm...' Aerion pondered as he sheathed Ambition.

Several guards stormed in, worried that something had happened. After all, Aerion's strike was the opposite of silent.

He turned his head slightly. "Did I request your presence?"

"No, Your Grace."

And so, they stormed back out.

"So this is how you conquered the Nine Free cities?" Oberyn wondered, impressed by the display of power. Those flames would cut deep fear into the hearts of others... however, Oberyn knew well that Aerion would never point his flames towards him , so there was no reason to fear it.

"This was but a drop in the ocean." Aerion looked at the middle, where the table used to stand.

"Well, no use in you all sitting around here. I'd like all the lords who have already bent the knee before me to prepare their men for a swift march to Robert's camp. Ser Oswell and Barristan, I'd also like you two to maintain a Kingsguard presence outside."

Mace Tyrell got up from his chair and went along with the others. "It will be done briskly, Your Grace."

"That is good to hear."

"Well, I'll be informing the lords from Dorne."

"No, Oberyn, I want you to stay here. Let Viserys and Ser Jaime settle that matter."

"Sure, it will be done... Ser Jaime?"

"Jaime, you have served as my faithful Kingsguard ever since I was a child. I entrusted my life to you on countless occasions and you've done the same just as many times, if not more." Aerion leaned closer and whispered his last words. "He abandoned you all those years ago and never once did he try to reach you... why must you stand up for him? Why must you choose that fiend of man over me, the Emperor and friend who trusts you above everyone else? Why must our mutual trust and faith waver over such a man?"

"It will not." Jaime turned around and joined Viserys. "I trust that you will make the right decision, as always, my Emperor."

'I will.'

Aerion genuinely smiled. However, that smile didn't last long after Jaime left the camp.

Now, only Aerion, Oberyn and Tywin remain inside the camp.

"I don't believe we've met face to face before, Lord Tywin Lannister. I planned to make a visit to Casterly Rock but it seems that you came here of your own accord which I appreciate. In all honesty, I've admired your ability for quite some time. So much so that I even took some notes from your past deeds as I conquered the Free Cities of Essos."

"It is said that while you were Aerys' hand, the true King was none other than yourself as most matters requiring wisdom were settled by you. He grew green with envy once those rumours reached his ear and distanced himself from you... quite a petty move, I must say."

"So, what of it?" Tywin inquired. "I doubt that you have come here to give praise."

Aerion nodded. "You are correct. I'll just get to the point and state that you are who I believe to be the most capable Lord in all of the Seven Kingdoms. Because of that, I want you at my side. But first... you must bend the knee."

Oberyn glanced at him but Aerion did not look back.

Tywin closed some of the distance between them before bending the knee and solemnly looking at the ground.