King of Knights

Aerion left his bedchamber looking fresh and prepared to wreak havoc, although his bedhair was naturally wild. It was rather early in the morning, a good six hours before the Grand Joust would continue. Robert Baratheon, being the good Kingsguard that he was, had been standing by his door the entire night.

Not that he had another option, of course.

"Robert... how often do you bed Lady Lyanna?" Aerion turned to him and asked rather bluntly. "Especially now since you're undead, I bet that number is rather low."

"And what of it?"

"Treasures are more valuable when you can't attain them... or when they aren't yours. You fought and gave your all for her in your Rebellion but, in the end, you still walked the path of drinking and whoring." Aerion remarked. "Why do you degrade yourself with simple servant girls when you're married to one of the most beautiful women in the Seven Kingdoms? This still remains a mystery to me. Is it simply in your nature or are you blind?"

"Hahaha... it is a simple thing called enjoying your time in this god-forsaken world. A pleasure that you mostly took away from me." Robert Baratheon replied with mocking laughter. "It is in a true man's nature to kill and fuck who he wants!"

"So you're no more than an animal who acts on pure instinct?"

"And if I am? I've bedded more women than you've ever seen, Your Grace."

"... Hmph, a proud whore." Aerion Targaryen chuckled, shaking his head disapprovingly. "I suppose it's better to be proud than disgraced of what you are, in the end."

"You will never make the Eight-"

"Like you? In exchange for completing such a meaningless goal, you lost the chance of true love." Aerion mocked Robert Baratheon, turning away from him. "If I had a son like you, I'd send him to serve as a holy brother of the Faith. Then again, you'd probably find a way to bed the holy sisters around you..."

Robert Baratheon did not take kindly to his words, having a rather furious expression. Yet... he could not do anything about Aerion's insulting words.

"Grow up, Robert Baratheon. Learn to live for others and not just yourself." Aerion advised. "Instead of spending your spare time chasing these desires, perhaps you should be a proper father and raise your children."

"... Don't tell me how to be a father to my children."

Aerion Targaryen sighed. "Sometimes I can't help but feel like you have straw for a brain."

...

While he was meditating through the Tome of Hematomancy in his study room, Robert Baratheon still stood by his side. Aerion Targaryen had refused to dismiss him... and so, here he was. The two had moved past their hatred of the past but there were still complications between them. At times, especially those concerning war, one might see them as fond of each other... a clear example being when they fought against Balon Greyjoy. Robert was the Warhammer and Aerion was the King who guided it to war, one might say.

However, on most other matters, they were not so fond of each other.

"Jocelyn... she sings your praises almost nightly." Robert Baratheon remarked, breaking the silence. "She was more than a prisoner to you during that time, wasn't she?"

"She is but a child with a sharp tongue and quick mind." Aerion Targaryen replied, smiling a little. "I did not wish for her to dread the time away from her family and so... she eventually became my unofficial ward. Turns out I'm a better guardian than a certain someone."

"Hmph... I see." Robert Baratheon felt conflicted as he thought of having another 'certain someone' as his son-in-law. "In a few years, Lyanna will surely be seeking out a match for that troublesome girl."