Chapter 60 - Operation

As the man fainted in front of him, Takashi immediately started to search through his clothes, identifying all the items that might be useful to him of him and stuffing them in his backpack.

He also made sure to pay attention around him, so as to don't be spotted by anyone that might cause him trouble.

After taking everything that he thought to be necessary, he used a rope that he brought with him to tie the rapist up on a nearby pole.

A few seconds later he left the place, increasing the distance between him and the rapist as much as possible.

He managed o enter on a train that would go to his destination next without having to wait. Once inside he tried to control his respiration, being much more rough than usual. His heartbeat was also a lot more faster than usual, as a result of the unusual situation that he was before.

While he was threatening the rapist, he had to give everything of himself so as to don't lose control and don't accidentally kill him. Takashi wouldn't feel remorse by the idea of cleansing the world from that waste of space, but he couldn't bring himself to kill someone so easily.

After giving a lot of thought Takashi came to the conclusion that, even if he manage to bring himself to kill that man, right now that wouldn't be beneficial to him or to Otome.

It was entirely possible that one or more of his rapists friends have contacts or were part of the authorities, so if they suspect that his death had anything to do with their activities they would use every possible resource in that possible murder investigation.

But if he left that man alive, which he learned his name is Akira, but afraid of getting close to Otome the probability of him doing something to her or talking with his friends about the incident were much smaller.

That was also why he mentioned Rinka's name and lied about being just a messenger of someone else, so as to confuse Akira about who really was protecting Otome and how much he knew of his plans.

But this meeting had more results than to protect Otome for the near future. Takashi was able to learn a few things about the person he was threatening.

First, he was a coward so it would be more easy to make him do his beading in the future without having to threaten to kill him. He would already be terrified if he approached him a next time.

Second, he uncovered the personal information about him. During these last few days of research Takashi wasn't able to uncover almost anything related to Akira. He found almost zero pictures of him online, and they hadn't giving no clue about his usual whereabouts. He probably avoided public cameras and payed anything with cash.

Third, and more importantly, his keys. Since he couldn't find anything useful online, Takashi decided to simply enter the house Akira entered the other day to find anything that might be helpful in identifying his co-conspirators and his behavior in the past.

Now that he got the keys, he was heading to the that house, as to get what he needed as fast as possible, since right now the chances of the house being empty were very high.

But before that, while still calming his racing heart, he needed to send a text to someone.

<How is the situation?> (Takashi)

<No one appeared since he left. The place is definitely empty> (Anna)

<Good. I'm on my way. Probably there in fifteen minutes> (Takashi)

<I'll be waiting in or meeting spot. How where things in your end?> (Anna)

<I don't think he will cause problems to her any time soon. And Rina? Did she manage?> (Takashi)

<She did. She will be waiting for us at home> (Anna)

<Great. I'll see you soon> (Takashi)

<Okay> (Anna)

As he agreed with Anna and Rina, they were working together with him in dealing with this situation.

He could solve all of this by himself but it would be much more difficult, but it would be much more difficult and take a lot more of time. There was a limit to how many things he could do at the same time, and dealing with a bunch of rapists wasn't something that he could risk to make a mistake.

While Takashi was dealing with Akira, Anna was acting as a scout in his neighborhood, paying attention to the place and around it, so as to make sure that no one that looked suspicious would be nearby to bother him when searching through the place.

Meanwhile Rina went to the place where Rinka had lead he big brother, Kazuki. Her job was to maintain vigilance over her in case Rinka decided to do something unexpected that might put their plans in jeopardy, and if possible confront her to leave Otome alone.

The primary reason for Rinka to direct her rapists attention to Otome was her jealousy of her because of Kazuki feelings for Otome, so if Rina warned Rinka that someone was protecting Otome and was already planning to bring her under his or her wing, there was a possibility that Rinka might abstain from causing more troubles for a while.

The chances where small, but still was worth a shot.

When the train that Takashi took had reached his destination, he had already calmed down. He managed to control himself again.

The next step of their operation was very trick, and they had to make sure that nothing would go wrong now.

Trying to focus himself better, Takashi breath deeply and left the train.

====================

If you wish to support my work and have access to five chapters in advance, check the link below:

patre0n.c0m/Zakirael