Chapter 59 - Threatened (Akira's POV)

Hearing someone threatening him so suddenly caused Akira to halt his movements, which normally would attract the attention of anyone that might be passing by.

Unfortunately for him, as a result of his plans to Otome, there was no one nearby that might help him, and Otome was getting more and more distant of him.

Seeing the figure of that beautiful girl getting smaller, Akira tried to shorten the distance by instinct, but in less than a second after the sensation on his back disappeared, felt it again but this time on his throat, causing him to instantly stop.

"This is the second warning, don't move or talk unless I say so. There won't be a third warning"

Hearing that same toneless unknown voice was like a bucket of cold water in all the emotions he was feeling before, leaving only panic behind.

As he was trying to process what was happening, Akira felt something wet going down on his neck. He wasn't able to look but he knew what was that.

His blood.

He could barely feel any pain on the wound which meant the weapon being used was extremely sharp, but his mind couldn't process that.

He was trying with all of his might to don't scream in panic, so as the person behind him wouldn't kill him.

"Si-sir wh-what i-is that yo-you wa-want?"

He could barely talk properly at that moment, stammering his words as he tried to communicate. But that was to be expected, as he was a man that valued peace above else.

He wasn't aware the hypocrisy of his believes, forcing himself on young women while believing to be a man of peace, but in the end that didn't mattered at this moment.

He was being held hostage by someone that clearly didn't had a problem in hurting him.

"I-if is mo-money tha-that you wa-want, th-then..."

"Shut it"

"!!"

He was in panic, afraid of what this person might going to do with him.

"Where is your wallet?"

"Huh ah uhh"

"I asked, where is your wallet?!"

"R-Right back pocket, right back pocket! Please don't kill me!"

Akira might be willing to be forceful with young women, even if he isn't capable to realize the crimes he is committing, but he is essentially a coward.

If someone armed is threatening him, he will panic and do whatever the agressor order him to do.

Once he felt the robber take his wallet of him, Akira was deeply relieved.

'Maybe he won't hurt me after all'

Sadly for him, the person holding him had other plans.

"Good. Now, as to what I'm here for..."

Hearing that person words put Akira again in a state of tension. He was barely breathing, afraid of what the robber would do now.

But he certainly didn't expect the next words he heard.

"Do not approach Otome Sakuragi. Neither you or your friends"

Hearing someone he didn't knew ordering him to not approach Otome came out of the blue for him, as he tried his best to avoid attract attention of people that wouldn't understand his intentions towards her.

Before he could try to deny however, the next words of the robber completely shut him up.

"You also must warn Rinka to leave Otome Sakuragi in peace"

"!"

Hearing her name, Akira was thrown in even more chaotic maelstrom of confusion.

'He knows about Rinka too?!'

He couldn't help but feel a shiver pass through him, like he suddenly was thrown in an extremely cold environment.

The amount of work that he and his friends went to make sure that no one knew about their activities and who it involved was nothing but extensive, so to someone appear out of nowhere and knowing about two of them completely off guard.

It was like he was in a nightmare.

For a few second he was only mumbling, trying to process how things had developed that way. He heard the person behind him say something, but his mind was so messed up that he initially wasn't able to process.

Until he felt the metal on his neck sink deeper on his flesh.

"Hey!"

"!"

The voice of the agressor behind him finally caught his attention again.

This time his tone was much harsher and deeper, like the lack of response of Akira was making him angry.

"I asked if you understood"

"Yes, yes, yes, yes! I-I won't get any closer of Otome-chan and warn Rinka-chan as well. I promise, I promise. Please don't hurt me!"

"Good. The boss will be pleased"

'B-Boss?'

The last words of this attacker caught Akira's attention a little, but as he felt the blade leave his neck he felt such a relieve that it completely went out of his mind for the moment.

But before he could try to turn around to see the face of that person or to run for his life, Akira felt a strong hit on the side of his head.

The hit caught him by surprise, and his mind was thrown into the darkness.

====================

If you wish to support my work and have access to five chapters in advance, check the link below:

patre0n.c0m/Zakirael