20. Hide and Seek

A/N Ayyyy 69 votes as of this morning c: should i do anything special?? Hahahahha

Coming up to the small bakery that was in the mall, Gerard offered to buy me whatever I wanted from there. As much as I wanted to say no, they have the best fricken food.

"I will only accept your money in the form of treats and not actual items," I said pointing at him as we walk into the bakery.

"Hahaha okay, tough girl." Gerard put his hands up in surrender as we approached the glass case of treats.

I inhale deeply and smile as the smell of warm bread and sweetness fills my lungs. I walk straight to where the classic baked goods are, the case with scones, mini pies, bars, and more.

"Fuck yeah they have lemon bars!" I clasp my hands together in excitement.

Gerard laughs next to me. "Are they still your favorite?"

"Yes!" I peer down into the case at the nice array of large lemon squares.

"You look like a witch deciding what child you are going to eat first." Gerard says with laughter.

"Thank you, that is the nicest thing you've ever said to me." I look over my shoulder at him with a condescending smile as the bakery worker comes over to us.

I order two lemon squares, so I can take one home with me, and Gerard orders coffee cake. This is not a surprise. We take a seat by the window and munch on our treats as we chat about comics. After a while we get up and decide to walk the mall and stretch our legs.

"Hey, how well does your nose work?" I look up at him as we walk.

Gerard laughs awkwardly, "What? What does that even mean?"

"Haha the scent thing, ya know." I give him a look.

"Ohhh," he chuckles lightly. "I have absolutely no idea. Why?"

I shrug, "Just wondering if you would be able to track down Mikey or I in such a crowded place."

"Huh, I don't know. Maybe."

"Ooooohhhhh! Want to try it?" I turn to face him, stopping in the middle of the walk way.

"Sure, why not." He shrugs, "Am I just going to try and track down Mikey?" He turns looking down at me.

"Hmm, how about we make it like hide and seek. That way we don't bug Mikey. He seemed weird earlier anyway." I say starting to walk again, ignoring the people giving us annoyed looks for having stopped.

"Yeah I noticed that too. Maybe it's just the shock of us hanging out without him."

"Yeah, maybe." I look around at the crowded mall.

"Hide and seek sounds good though. What should I do, count to ten?" He laughs at the end.

"No way! That is so not enough time for me to hide." I look for a place to stop and notice we are at one end of the mall which was the perfect place to start. "How about you sit here," I point to a bench outside Coffee Bean, "And like I don't know, hang out for like 10 minutes. And I will go hide."

"Hmm alright. Am I allowed to get coffee?" He asks as we approach the bench.

"Will that make your seeking skills better?" I cross my arms and look up at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Mmmm," he smiled cheekily, "maybe."

"Then no."

"Hahah fine." he took a seat in front of me. "Go hide pumpkin. You've got 10 minutes."