28. Vibing

I sit on the couch for a little while by myself before Gerard comes crashing into the couch next to me.

"Where did you go?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Had to go by batteries for the lights since they died last week, plus I got us some snacks." He grabbed the bag next to him taking out the goodies stashed inside.

"Oh, where did you go?" I said taking some candy from him.

"Walmart, duh." He sassed rolling his eyes at me.

I smacked him with the candy in my hand, giggling lightly at him.

"What? It was the obvious answer," He laughed getting up and putting batteries in the lanterns he had around the room. But he didn't turn them on yet since the sun was still up.

I shake my head to myself and go back to playing neko atsume on my phone. Gotta feed my virtual stray cats. I take some cute pictures of my cats before I feel the couch dip next to me and Gerard's arm against mine.

"Is that neko atsume?" He breaths by my shoulder.

"Yeah, gotta collect all the cats." I smile though I feel the butterflies in my stomach at our closeness.

"That's fun. I should download that to my phone too. And then when I collect more than you, you'll be so jealous." He laughed leaning his head on my shoulder.

I chuckled. "You wish I would be jealous of you, you dork."

"Oh you totally would be," He smiled sitting up and turning to face me.

I turn my body towards him putting my phone down in my lap. "Uh no. I'm the better cat collector."

"Yeah and how would you know that? I don't need a lot of sleep so I'm going to collect more than you." He smirks.

"Ah!" I scoff, "The audacity you have to believe you're better than me!"

"Oh what? You think you're better? I'm a vampire. I'm clearly superior." He leans forward putting a hand to his chest.

"You think you can beat me?" I lean towards him, pulling my legs up onto the couch. "I'm fucking amazing! Who cares that you're a vampire? I'm the only one who knows!" I laugh.

"Oh so you don't care? So this isn't exciting to you at all?"

I laugh sharply, "Exciting is different than you beating at Neko Atsume." I smile poking him in the nose.

He looks at me with a smile, "Understandable. I still think I'll beat you though."

"You can try." I raise my eyebrows at him with a smirk on my face.

"Oh I will," He smiles leaning back against the couch cushions.

I laugh softly, leaning back as well but against the arm rest. Gerard looks down and slips his hand under my legs picking them and laying them across his. I look up at him from under my eyelashes trying to hide the soft smile on my lips. Gerard just turns and smiles back at me.

"Sooo," I look away shyly. "What do you wanna do?"

"Well, we could read some comics. I got some new ones. Or we could play hide and seek again. Or just vibe together." Gerard smiles at me.

"Hmm let's read some comics and then play hide and seek." I smile up at him.

"Alright. Move your legs real fast." Gerard said, putting a hand on my thigh.

I try and fight the blush rising to my cheeks as I lift up my legs. The second I pull my knees in Gerard is already back with some comics.

"You can put your legs back." Gerard says putting a hand on my knee and holding the stack of comics with his other.