47. Hand in Mine

Monday rolls around and for once I only wake up two minutes before my alarm. I feel good. Like things are normal. Well as normal as Vampires existing and me dating one can be.

I turn my alarm off and get up to get ready for the day. Looking around my room I see a little note left on my dresser from yesterday from Gerard with a promise of a movie night this week and a real first date. Smiling to myself I put the note alongside the other in my dresser. I can't help the smile that stays in place as I get dressed for the day and gather all my things.

Heading downstairs I make sure to leave my bag by the door and grab some shoes to put on now so I don't run late when the boys come to pick me up. I drop the shoes in the kitchen and grab some breakfast before sitting down at the table and scrolling through tumblr on my phone. As it gets closer to pick up time I put on my vans and gather some lunch for myself for the day. After putting some food in my backpack I hear the familiar beep of Gerard's beat up car.

Walking out the door and heading to the car I realize Mikey is sitting in the front seat, I'm not sure if I was expecting something different or not. But it feels good getting in the car with the boys again.

"Morning boys. I see I'm sitting in the back like usual." I chuckle closing the door behind me.

"Just because you're making her sit in the back doesn't mean I'm not going to turn around and kiss her." Gerard looks at Mikey.

"Oh my god." I can hear the eyeroll in Mikey's voice.

I laugh and lean forward between the two seats giving Gerard a kiss on the cheek.

"So gross," Mikey laughs, pushing my shoulder.

I turn to look at him resting my arm on the back of his seat. "Do you want a kiss too Mikey?" I smirk.

"God No!" He pushes my face away laughing. Gerard cracks up next to me as I free myself from Mikey and sit back down in my seat.

"Wait but I want a real kiss." Gerard pouts looking back at me.

I laugh leaning forward and pressing a kiss to Gerard's lips as Mikey groans next to us.

"Is this how it's going to be now? You two being grossly affectionate in front of me?" Mikey whines as I sit back down.

"Only sometimes. Can't have my best friend too grossed out." I reach forward and mess with Mikey's hair which earns me a slap on the hands from him.

Gerard chuckles and looks back at me. "You can sit up front tomorrow, Y/n. I'll make it fair for both of you." Gerard turned and gave Mikey a look as he pulled away from the curb.

"Gonna make us take turns like kids?" Mikey replied sarcastically.

I couldn't help but laugh as I watched the streets go by as we slowly approached the school.

"If that's what it takes, yeah," Gerard shrugs.

"Jerk."

"Whatever loser."

I smile to myself from the boy's banter. Can't believe I almost lost them because of some asshole vampire.

The rest of the drive was filled with us poking fun at Mikey for being embarrassed by us and how he should really make a move on Kristin to which he told us to 'shut the fuck up, it took a vampire nearly killing you both for you two to get together'. Which is rude but true.

Pulling up to the school it felt a little odd but no weirder than a few months back when I had to go to school after finding out Gee was a vampire. The parking lot wasn't busy yet which is surprising but nice because that means we can actually park next to Ray's car. Gerard notices the boy's standing behind Ray's car with Kristin next to them and lightly honks at them, making them jump. Frank flips us off but Kristin waves to us while we pull into the empty spot next to Ray's car.