44. Tell Me

Gerard drove back, maybe speeding a bit, with his hand in mine and looking like the cool guy he definitely is not with one hand on the wheel.

"You ready to tell Mikey?" I asked as we sat in the parked car for a minute.

"I think so." He looked over at me, searching. "Umm... kiss for good luck?" he said, a blush finding its way to his cheeks.

I laughed and leaned over the console, he met me halfway in a small kiss. "Good luck." I smiled at him before pecking his lips again and pulling away. Gerard chuckled next to me as I got out of the car.

I smiled to myself making sure my phone was in my pocket still and slammed the car door shut. Gerard got out as well and headed to the front door. I followed behind him and stopped as he stood staring at the door. I grabbed his hand which made him look down at me and away from the door. I squeezed his hand before opening the door myself and taking a step in while letting go of his hand.

Gerard walked in after me and closed the door behind us. I looked over to find Mikey sitting on the couch with his head down looking at his phone.

"Hey," I spoke up.

Mikey's head snapped up and he turned to look at us. I wanted to laugh because I definitely scared the crap out of him by accident.

"What the fuck happened to you two!" He said loudly getting up and making his way over to us.

"Ummmmm," I looked up at Gerard realizing we did not talk about how we were going to tell Mikey what happened or remember the fact that we look like we got beat up.

Gerard looked from his brother to me and back. "Lets go down to my room and we'll talk about it. But I need a shirt first."

"What?" Mikey's face scrunched in confusion as he stood in front of us.

"I don't have a shirt under this and I would like one," Gerard chuckled awkwardly, walking past Mikey and leaving the two of us standing in the hall awkwardly staring after him.

Mikey looked from his brother down to me. "Are you okay? Like... really okay." his concern hurt my heart.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Gerard is a bit worse for wear than me." I chuckled awkwardly.

"I TOLD YOU I'M FINE!" Gerard yelled from the basement.

"What the fuck?! How did he hear you?" Mikey looked to the hallway and down to me.

"Uhh let's just go down stairs. We'll explain it all."

"Okay, I guess." We made our way towards the hallway. "I just... Are you sure you're okay?" Mikey tried again as we reached the door.

"I'm fine Mikes." I smiled up at him before heading down the stairs.

We walk down the stairs to see Gerard wearing a black smashing pumpkins tee shirt and sitting on his bed with a semi stressed and semi awkward smile on his face. We definitely should have discussed how to tell Mikey in the car. We're stupid.

I make my way over to the bed and sit against the wall next to Gerard who's leaning back awkwardly against his headboard. Mikey just stayed at the bottom of the stairs watching.

"You gonna sit so we can explain?" I ask. The anxiety in my chest building as he stared at us.

"Okay." He said quietly. He made his way over to the bed and sat facing Gerard, his knee brushing mine.

I looked between the two brothers who faced each other in a silent conversation.

"Gerard?" I looked at him with a soft encouraging smile.