17. Brunch

We woke up decently late the next morning, that's what we get for staying up till 3 in the morning. It was 11 which meant that it was too late for breakfast but just in time for brunch so we got dressed and went downstairs in search of Gerard and a ride to food.

"Hey Gee you down here?" Mikey asked as we made it to the bottom of the stairs.

"Yeah Mikes?" He said walking towards us from his room. He definitely used his super hearing to know we were gonna come down here looking for him.

"You wanna get brunch?"

"Isn't it a little late for brunch?" Gerard chuckled, raising an eyebrow.

"Well it's too late for breakfast and a little early for lunch sooo," I said rolling my eyes with a smile.

"That's true, yeah sure. Where do you two want to go?" He laughed.

"How about Eggs 'n Things?" Mikey suggested.

"Ohhhhh fuck yeah! I love their crepes!" I said pumping my fist.

"Actually they're swedish pancakes not crepes," Mikey said. I could only give him an incredulous look while I tried to think of a way to politely tell him he's dumb.

"Alright, Eggs 'n Things it is." Gerard nodded, heading past us towards the little table by the door to grab the car keys. Mikey and I followed him talking about whether they are crepes or swedish pancakes. And what exactly the difference is?? We interrupted the argument when we finally got to the car and both Mikey and I stopped at the passenger side door. We stood there for a hot second just looking at the door and at each other. I chuckled and headed for the back door. Yiiiiikkkes. This is awkward.

"Did you want the front seat?" Mikey asked as we got in the car, Gerard was already buckled up and ready to go in the driver's seat.

"Uh no, I'm not used to that," I chuckle awkwardly. Part of that was honest but also... I did kind of want the front seat deep down. Mikey just laughed and so did Gerard. Mikey then decided to pick up on the Swedish Pancake versus Crepe debate.

The ride to Eggs n Things was really fun, it felt like back in middle school where we would all talk over each other and laugh and be so loud that Mrs. Way would yell at us to be quiet. Eggs n Things itself is a cute diner that is like classy country themed, like blue and white walls and beautiful country scenes. No country music though, just chill pop and oldies. They are only open for breakfast and lunch and close at 2. It's packed every weekend but on weekdays you get lucky and maybe only need to wait two minutes for a table versus like 35 plus on the weekend. Since it's Friday it's only moderately busy, especially since it's near lunch time.

It took about 10 minutes to be seated but that's because there is some huge group taking up the side room. That is always so annoying! They sat us at a square table which was good because that meant no one needed to be awkward and pick who to sit next too. I just sat in one chair and Gerard sat to my left and Mikey plopped down on my right.

I opened up the menu looking for the breakfast croissant sandwich when Mikey pulled the menu down and flipped a page, pointing to the specialty section.

"I fucking told you they were swedish pancakes." He said with a smug smile. Gerard laughed next to me while I just had my jaw dropped slightly at Mikey.

I stared at him for a moment before closing my eyes and looking away from him, "I'm not talking to you now."

Gerard laughed so loud a few people turned to look at us, Mikey just chuckled next to me while I turned the page so the words "Swedish Pancakes" were no longer staring me in the face.

When the waitress finally showed up we all ordered orange juice and our favorite foods from here. Brunch was really fun. It felt like old times, no awkwardness, just laughter and good times.

Brunch was awesome and it felt so nice to be able to be with Mikey and Gerard like we used to. After we finished and paid we went back to the Way house and all played Mario Kart together. Gerard and I absolutely destroyed Mikey, it was inevitable. Somehow Gerard did win 1st place overall and that was so frustrating! We played for a while but Mikey stopped having fun because he kept losing. It was a really nice day with my boys. I really hope we can all hang out again.

~~~~

Author's Note!

Listen, unlike the 50's diner I made up, Eggs n Things is a real place! I did think of a cute 50s diner in my town but like i aint naming that cause I don't think its a chain soo its a bit too specific. BUT! There are like 4 Eggs n Thing in California so I'm safe to name them.
All this means is that now you know I live in California and if you would like to be friends and bond over living in the same state, this is an invitation to do so! Also I just like making friends in general so if you wanna chat or have any suggestions for this story ooorrrr oneshots! Tell me about it!
Once i'm more than halfway through with this book I plan on writing some oneshots for MCR. I got like two in the works.