8. A Night Together

Gerard's p.o.v.

~Flashback to Wednesday night~

I really hope I'm not bothering Y/n. I know she said we could talk and hang out but this is so random. And I don't even have her number anymore. I walked up to her window. The lights were on inside which means she should be in there. I looked at the ledge of her window and the trellis that was next to it. I should be able to get up there and tap on her window. I climb up the wood and vines so I'm able to peak through Y/n's window. There she sat on her bed with headphones in and playing on her phone. I reach up and tap on the window a few times hoping she will notice. I can see her take her headphones out and look around so I tap again.

"Holy Shit!" She screams as she sees me and falls off her bed. Fuck. I fucked up. I messed up. Maybe this wasn't a good idea.

"What the fuck Gerard!" She says looking at me and I can't help but look ashamed at scaring her. God I fucked up. I drop from my place as I hear her dad running into the room. I hide against the leaves of the trellis as they talk. I should just go home. Save myself the embarrassment and pretend like nothing happened.

"Gerard?" I hear her say. I look up to see her looking around. Okay maybe I can salvage this and it won't be awkward.

"Hey!" I say as I stand below her open window. "Can I come up?"

She nods, she looks kind of... shocked. Maybe this wasn't a smart idea. I wait for her to move back inside the window before jumping up the ledge and grabbing hold.

"The fuck," y/n whispers. I pulled myself in and flopped down on her bed.

"Super strength," I reply. There's a lot of cool vampire things I can do. Maybe Y/n would be interested in hearing about it someday. I make myself more comfortable on her bed as I lean against the wall by her window. I look over to her and her eyes are piercing right back into mine.

"Why are you here?" I flinch at the words. I really did mess up. I shouldn't have bothered her. "Sorry that came out wrong," she said. I couldn't help but look at her with some hope. "I mean, you're in my room and we never hang out and I'm just confused right now." She looks down at her hands. This is awkward. Damn I messed up.

"Oh uh, I wanted to hang out but I don't have your number so I just. I just kind of showed up. Sorry." I look down at my hands, embarrassment all over my face. I don't need a mirror to know that.

"Oh," I feel the bed shift and suddenly Y/n is handing her phone to me. "Give me your number." I look up at her and can feel myself smiling. I take her phone and put my number in and text myself to just to be sure I have her number. I handed it back to her and I saw her check it before putting it down on her bed.

"So, you uh, wanted to hang out?" She said looking back at me.

"Uh, yeah! If that's, if that's okay with you?" I stuttered out. Fuck. Here I thought I was doing better and now the nerves are hitting again. I hate how nervous she makes me.

"Yeah, it's fine. I mean, I'm not doing anything right now anyway." She shrugs.

"Cool." I say. Yeah but what if she was busy or doing shit. Ughh this could have been so bad. Next time I'll ask before doing anything. Should I apologize for bothering her? Man why does everything about her make me doubt myself.

"Do you want to watch something? Or talk?" Thank the heavens that Y/n is so good at making things not awkward.

"I... Could we talk for a bit?" I ask looking down at my hands. "I haven't really talked to anyone lately, even Mikey."

"Like in general about things, or like about being a blood sucker?" She laughs. I can't help but smile. She's so good at making things feel normal.

~ I'm skipping like half of this cause I don't want to rewrite the whole conversation~

There was a comfortable silence over us for a few moments. Why did Y/n and I stop being friends? This is great, it feels like when we were younger. Well sort of. So much has changed. And feelings are different now.

"Want to watch The Addams Family?" She says reaching for her remote.

"Sure I love that movie!" I say smiling. But I notice I'm not in a good position to watch the movie, I'd have to turn my head the whole time. I feel the bed shift and see Y/n shifting over to the left of her bed making space between her and the wall. She gives me a look as if her moving is exactly what I think it is.I hesitate a moment before I kick my shoes off and move next to her with my back against her head board. I sit next to her and I feel so stiff. We are never this close. Oh god. She smells really nice. Maybe this was a bad idea. I'm not even that close to her but oh god.

Y/n gets up as the movie starts and turns on some twinkle lights that are above her bed and turns off the big light in her room. She comes back and sits next to me. I think she sat closer to me than she was before. Maybe I'm just hoping.

As the movie goes on Y/n start sliding down to get more comfortable. She moves her pillow up more so she's leaning back at an angle. I feel something against my arm and looking down I see Y/n's head against my arm. I tense up trying not to move her but also just from the shock of the contact. I look down and notice her eyes are closed and her breathing is pretty even. Oh shit she fell asleep. What do I do? I can't move or I'll wake her up! Shit! I freeze and hold myself as still as I can while I wait for the movie to finish. She looks really peaceful though. She's just as pretty sleeping as she is awake.

Once the movie finishes I slide my hand under her head and slowly shift away from her, making sure I don't wake her up. I climb off her bed and sit on the floor putting my shoes back on. I look around her bedroom and notice the posters on her wall and the many pictures of her and her friends. There's even an old picture of me and her up on her bulletin board. I smile to myself before grabbing a paper off her desk and writing a quick note to her and leaving it on her night stand. I turn off her tv but decide to leave the lights on just in case. I glance back at her one last time before I leave and I can't help but lean over and press my lips against her head. Y/n. You are going to ruin me. I climb the end of her bed gently so I don't wake her before I sneak back through her window and close it behind me.

I drop down to the grass and head back to my house in the dark. I can't believe Y/n and I actually got to hang out. When was the last time we actually did that. Even if it was just watching a movie. Just the two of us hanging out hasn't happened since... a long time. Before 9th grade. Before Mikey's crush on her and me stepping back from my crush on her, so Mikey could have a chance. I kicked a rock as I walked up to my house.

"Where have you been?"Mikey asks from the couch as I walk in the door. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I thought he was in his room.

"Just on a walk." I shrugged. Mikey just hummed and turned back to the video game he was playing. As I walked past him towards my room I ruffled his hair earning an annoyed sound from my brother.

I get to my room and can't help but dash down the stairs and throw myself on the bed. Things are going to be so different now. I get to talk to Y/n again, be friends again. But that means the crush is just going to get worse. I grab my pillow forcing it on to my face, suffocation wont work but at least it feels like I'm getting my frustrations out. I wonder if we are going to let people know we are friends again, and like hang out with people knowing. Ray and Frank are going to tease me so much when they find out. Thank god Mikey doesn't know I like her. Shit I need to make sure I'm full whenever I see her. She smells way too good for me to control myself like I would around Mikey. I hope I don't make her feel weird and fuck this all up.