6. Alone Together

Monday school started again as usual. I wish summer was back in session. The Way brothers take me to school as usual but the car feels different today. Maybe it's because I know Gerard is a vampire. Maybe it's because Gerard actually said good morning to me and asked me how my weekend went. Maybe it's because Mikey seems happy that his brother and I are getting along. It just feels different.

The school day goes normally. I sit with Patrick, Pete, Andy, Joe and Kristin at lunch because Mikey is off with Gerard, Ray and Frank. He switches who he has lunch with so he can hang out with all of us. We coooouuuld all sit together. But we like to sit on the grass under a big tree while the boys like to sit at a table in the shade by the music room. Plus there isn't enough room at their table for all of us.

We talk music and tv shows, ignoring the topic of classes all together. I do make sure to poke at Kristin about Mikey though and she just gets all blushy and quiet. One day I'm just going to shove them in a closet and hope for the best.

The rest of the day goes by fast and off I go with Mikey and Gerard back to the Way home to hang out with Mikey for a bit. Then it's time to go home for dinner and I eat pasta with my parents before heading to my room to do nothing. This is pretty much always the routine. Some days I don't hang out with Mikey after school other days I do. But at least I get family dinners a few times a week.

~

By Wednesday I'm missing summer even more but getting used to the new routine and friendship, which I think you can kind of call it that, between Gerard and I. It's much more friendly in the car and in class which is nice. It's still pretty awkward though.

That night I did what little homework I had after dinner and now I'm laying on my bed listening to rain sounds through my headphones as I scroll tumblr on my phone. Suddenly I hear a tapping sound on glass. I pause the music thinking maybe there's a glitch but I hear it again. I look around my room and then over to my window where there is a pale face staring at me.

"Holy shit!" I scream falling off my bed. I look back at it and realize it's Gerard who is now giving me an ashamed and nervous look. "What the fuck Gerard!" I say.

"What's wrong Y/n!" my dad says opening the door to my room. I look up at him from the floor.

"Uhhh," I look back at the window but Gerard isn't there anymore. "I thought I saw a spider in front of my face but I think it was just a fly," I lie looking back at my dad slowly.

"Okay. Okay." He says sighing, releasing some tension in his shoulders. "I thought you were hurt. Maybe don't scream next time, okay?" He says looking at me.

"Okay dad." I say still sitting on the floor.

"Okay, good night." He moves away, closing the door.

"Night!" I say as the door closes. As soon as it's closed I get up and scramble onto my and to my window throwing it open. "Gerard?" I whisper shout out my window looking around for him.

"Hey!" He whispers back below my window. "Can I come up?"

I look down at him in shock, how the fuck did he make it to my window on the second fucking floor??? I nod at him knowing full well my face is still in shock and move away from my window. In a moment Gerard has his hands on my window sill and is pulling himself up and through my open window.

"The fuck," I whisper watching him come into my room and tumble onto my bed.

"Super strength," He says turning himself around to sit on my bed better. I'm still looking at him in confusion but at least the super strength thing makes sense. Gerard settles in and leans back against the wall next to the open window. He looks over at me, and I know I'm staring back at him in confusion. Why the fuck is Gerard in my room?