2. And So It Begins

The first three days of school went by fast which is nice. Now it's Friday which means sleepover with Mikey! It's something we've always done the first week of school but also because we are literally best friends and my parents don't care enough to realize I've slept over his house multiple times with it just being us. The Way's mom is always really sweet but she makes us leave the door open cause we're "teenagers and teenagers are horny". She's never actually said that to us but I already know that's what she thinks. Not to mention that I'm also the only girl allowed to stay the night at all in their house unless it's a group sleepover.

I got up as usual and dressed in some black bottoms today and a smashing pumpkins tee. Walking down stairs to an empty kitchen is always nice, it means I get to take my time and actually be somewhere in peace that isn't my room. I got some breakfast ready that consisted of two eggo waffles and some banana slices then sat at the table scrolling through my phone texting Mikey.

y/n/n: Sup loser

Mikey: morning punkass btch

u excited for tonight?!

y/n/n: OF fuckin course i am!!

Watchin movies and complaining and catching up (∗•ω•∗)

Even though i see you all the time XD

Mikey: I still look forward to our yearly first week of school Shit Talk Sleepover

y/n/n: SAaaammme!

love that you capitalized it

Mikey: thnks. gotta watch some shitty hs movie this time

cause its your last first week shit talk

y/n/n: I don't know mikes I still got college and youll be a senior

Mikey: tru

As I ready Mikey's "tru" I finish my breakfast and then head up stairs to finish getting ready. I put on my usual makeup and brushed my teeth. My hair looks decent so I'm leaving it, no one will tell I didn't brush it unless they run their fingers through it so whatever. Plus who the hell is gonna touch my hair anyway! As I reach the bottom of the stairs I hear a car honk outside my house and feel the fear settle into my stomach. I go to the door and peek out and there's Mikey and Gerard to pick me up. Fuck! I wave and go grab my shoes and check my phone to see if Mikey said they were coming at all cause I didn't think they'd be here.

Mikey: we be picking u up early loser (timestamp 5 minutes ago)

Of course the one time I don't check my phone so they have to wait a few minutes for me to tie my hightops and grab my bag. I lock the door as I close it behind me and head to the back seat of Gerard's kind of beat up black Corolla. It's an older used car but it works for getting us all places.

"Morning guys" I say, throwing my backpack into the back seat and stepping in.

"Morning y/n/n. Why were you running late?" Mikey said raising an eyebrow at me while Gerard just hummed in response to my greeting. I closed the door and off we went.

"Yeah well I didn't see your text jerk," I said hitting Mikey's shoulder lightly. It's too early for being rough. Mikey just laughed and we rode in silence to the school with Gerard's playlist coming through the speakers.

~

The school day passed slower today than the last few. Probably because I'm excited for the sleepover tonight with Mikey. I looked over at him in math and it seemed like he felt the same way. Once classes were out for the day I went to grab my stuff from my locker.