36. Ow

You've been successful in hiding away from your friends for the week but you can tell they are trying to talk to you. You just have no interest in talking it out right now. Especially when Dominic is being so kind to you! With the taking you out to dinner and then to breakfast on Saturday morning! That's so sweet of him!

It's just another week of school now. Gotta try and avoid literally everyone again. Maybe you should just skip. Your parents probably won't get called since it's the first time all year. But you decided to go to school anyway cause its stupid to show you're a coward and skip. So Dominic took you to school as usual and you avoided your friends as usual. It's a little sad and lonely, but at least Dominic is there for you unlike your 'friends'.

No one even bothers to try and talk to you at school. They just leave you be because they're a bunch of cowards and awful friends anyway. You deserve so much better than people who are going to use you. School goes by slowly with your only motivation being getting out of that hell hole and back to Dominic. The days pass miserably as you feign interest in school and then ditch your old friends to hang out with your beautiful beau after school every day.

Wednesday~

Today felt different. Felt like something was going to happen. Maybe Dominic will finally ask you to be his girlfriend! How exciting would that be! Or maybe it's just cause it's the middle of the week and you are tired and hoping Friday rolls around faster. Who really knows.

You got ready for the day and Dominic took you to school as usual. Everything is just kind of a blur. Nothing sticks out to you at school. Why would it? School is pointless and there is so much more you could be doing outside of it.

At the end of the day you left the school heading towards the parking lot and a waiting Dominic when you noticed Gerard trying to approach you, again. Ughh why can't he just take a hint.

"Go away Gerard." You said trying to make it past him.

"Y/n, please. Can we just talk for two seconds?" He pleaded.

"No Gerard! I'm fine! I don't know why you keep trying?" You stop and look at him, crossing your arms in aggravation.

"Because that guy is using you! Can't you see it?" Gerard pressed stepping closer to you.

"No he's not! Why are you being so weird about him? Dominic is fine!" You glared at Gerard. Trying to step back. Unlucky for you the only back there was, was a building.

"He's bad news, I can feel it! Y/n, please he's not... normal." He tries again stepping into your space.

"Maybe it's just those possessive vampire feelings kicking in, cause I'm fine and I think Dominic is fine too. He's more normal than you!" You bark at him. Why is Gerard being so jealous it's not like you're dating or anything. You're just friends.

"Maybe! But at least I'm not blinded by his looks and can tell he's a shitty guy." Gerard growls.

"What the fuck?" You scoff. "He's great! He's so nice and takes me to fun places. I'm having a really good time with him."

"That's so fuckin generic, Y/n. Do you even hear yourself? He just sounds like he's trying to win you over by treating you well before he decides to treat you like shit."

"He's more than that! He's been there for me while you guys were being jerks!"

"We were not being jerks, Y/n. You are the one ignoring us. We've been trying to reach out and all you do is walk away!"

"No you haven't! And maybe I don't want to be friends with you anymore! I'm perfectly fine with Dominic." You glare at him.

Gerard looks taken aback for a moment. "You don't mean that."

"Maybe I do." You stood taller glaring at him.

Gerard seems to shrink for a moment before looking back at you. "So what? Are you gonna leave everyone, your best friend. Me?"

You paused for a moment at how sad Gerard sounded. "Maybe."

"You're going to leave everyone who cares about you from some blue haired asshole that you've only known for like a week? Are you dating him now or something? Like why are you so invested in this dude after knowing him for a week?"

"Why would that matter to you? It's not like we were ever dating." You resist the urge to growl the words and cross your arms instead.

"No! But I thought there was something there! .... Didn't you?" He said slightly defeated.

No there isn't. There's nothing there between you two. He's just saying that. You're with Dominic now anyway. He's much better than Gerard in every way possible.

"What?" You said quietly.

"I... Pumpkin I-"

"Dude, back off. You're clearly just upsetting her." Dominic spoke next to you. Odd he was back by the cars. How did he get there so fast?

Gerard tensed up immediately, a low growl coming from him. "What the fuck are you anyway?"

"I'm her boyfriend, and you can leave now Gerard." Dominic places his arm around your shoulders, pulling you in. When did you guys decide you were dating? It happened like earlier. Don't you remember? Not really?

Gerard takes a step back in shock. His face reflects some of your own inner feelings. He seems to pull it together quickly. "I asked. What. Are. You." His glare at Dominic showed very clearly how angry he was and his hazel eyes were darker.

"That's none of your concern. Y/n and I are going to leave now though. So bye!" He turned you into him and away from Gerard, conveniently hiding you from his own dark eyes, before pulling you down the stairs to the parking lot.

Everything seemed kind of fuzzy around the edges as you got into Dominic's car. Even the music sounded like it was in a different room than in the car with you. You slouched into the leather seating and watched as the scenery passed you while Dominic took you back to your house. You were home in what felt like hours but had only been minutes. Dominic seemed upset next to you so you decided not to invite him like usual. He said good bye and gave a kiss to your cheek before you left his car.

Entering your home everything was off. It felt like you didn't know where you were or what was happening. Somehow you found yourself upstairs, dropping your bag to the floor of your bedroom before changing out of your school clothes and into pajamas. Before you knew it you collapsed on to your bed feeling like there was ice in your veins before succumbing to sleep.