26. Panic! in the feels

After Kristin's place I spent the rest of my weekend holed up in my room dreading the fact that I am going to face Gerard, in about 10 minutes now when he picks me up for school while I am now fully aware of the fact that I have a crush on him. *-* yeah it's going to be great. Said not me ever and only sarcastically. Does the realization that I have a crush on someone make me actually put a little more effort in my outfit today? Yes. So now I sit here at the bottom of my stairs trying to distract myself with my phone while having killer winged eyeliner, eyes hadow, mascara and everything else on my face! Even lipstick! While wearing, of all things... a dress. A black spaghetti strap dress with skulls all over it and a white shirt underneath, along with my nice boots.

Does any of this even matter considering Gerard has already seen me on a normal day and this outfit isn't going to impress him too much? I don't even know but at least it's something considering my now even larger dilemma of 'Do I tell Mikey or not?' Because that, right there, is the biggest problem I have ever faced.

I heard the honk of Gerard's car and stood up taking a deep breath preparing to go out and face the world. I grabbed my backpack and headed outside.

"Why are you so dressed up?" Mikey says as a greeting with no hello at all.

"Uhh cause I can," I feel my face going red. "Morning to you too." I rolled my eyes as I buckled in.

"I think you look nice, Y/n/n." Gerard says as he begins to drive.

I look down at my lap and clench my fists real fast taking a moment before saying "Thanks Gee."

The car is awkward, I can feel it. The atmosphere is heavy and no one is talking, just thrashing music playing from the speakers relatively low. I stare out the window, millions of thoughts running through my head as we make our way to the school. What is wrong with all of us?

We pull up to the school and awkwardly get out and join Frank and Ray who are waiting there already.

"Hey guys," I say first. Geez why do I sound so weird. "Where's Kristin?"

"She has a cold," Ray said with a frown as I hugged him.

"That sucks." I say as I give Frank a hug too.

"Wow I get a hug today? What happened to you? Did you like have a near death experience or something?" Frank said looking at me weird. "Plus a dress? Who are you?" He said with a smile.

"Shut up or I will hurt you." I glared at him.

Gerard laughed. "She looks nice, quit being mean."

I looked down shaking my hair out trying to hide the blush on my cheeks. Missing any looks the boys were giving me or each other.

"You do like nice, Y/n." Ray said.

I looked up, flipping my hair away from my face. "Thanks Ray." I smiled up at him.

"Yeah, so what boy are you trying to impress?" Frank chuckled, elbowing me.

"I'll kill you." I said moving away from him.

"HEY CUTIE!"

We all turn to the sound and see Patrick and Pete walking over to us through the parking lot.

"Hey guys!" Gerard waves as they approach us.

"Hey, how was your guys's weekend?" Pete asks, stopping next to Mikey.

Patrick throws his arms around my shoulder's in a hug as the guys talk about their boring weekends and how fun the party was.

"You look cute in that Y/n," Patrick says leaving an arm around my shoulders.

I smile and brush some hair out of my face. "Thank 'Trick. You look good in that fedora, you dork." I laugh.

Patrick laughs pulling me into him for a moment. I smile bumping my head against his. I pull my phone out of my pocket to check how much time we get to still hang out but there's only five minutes till the bell and I can't help but frown.

"Hey guys we should get going," I say nodding my head towards the school.

"Ughhh you're so ruuude." Frank groans grabbing his backpack off the floor.

I laugh, "Cause I reminded you we have school?"

"DUh!" Frank says knocking into me.

We all laugh and head towards the school. Oddly Patrick doesn't take his arm off me at first until walking like that is difficult and he lets me go. We all head to our lockers and grab our stuff before heading to class.

"Patrick is a bit clingy," Gerard mumbles as we walk to our seats in English.

"Eh, I don't really see it." I say taking a seat next to him.

Gerard gives me a weird look and shrugs as the bell rings. No time to finish that conversation as our teacher yells at everyone to quiet down. English goes by slowly with me stealing glances at Gerard and like almost making eye contact but he turns away the second I look at him.

Once class is out we head to our next class but neither of us talk much, the rest of the school day goes by with it being a little awkward between Gerard and I, especially when we got to our lockers to grab lunch. Everything was fine and dandy till my boys showed up to head to lunch together and Gerard got all awkward and quiet. Pete was idk flirting maybe with Mikey but it was unclear cause Pete is just kind of Like That, plus Mikey is..... Straight for the most part and also very into Kristin. While Patrick chilled against the lockers next to me before I finished grabbing everything and he threw his arm on my shoulder as he excitedly told me about a new movie that was coming out that he really wanted to see, which is surprising because it wasn't a superhero movie. We said goodbye to the other guys as we, Pete, Patrick and myself, went to find Joe and Andy at our usual spot.

Lunch was pretty fun, everyone was talking about the party some more and about the new movie dropping on Friday. But it was over too quickly and we had to go to class again. The end of the day saw Patrick and I walking out to the cars to meet up with our friends and finally leave school. The car ride leaving school was... awkward. Again. Mikey was pretty silent and Gerard looked like someone ate his stash of candy that he was saving. I could not wait to leave the car and crash onto my bed trying to ignore the fact that all the effort I had put in to impress Gerard that morning did not do a damn thing.

Author's note... I love everyone who read this chapter before I edited and didn't tell me that i'm a dumbass for adding Kristin in the end despite the fact that I said she wasn't at school. I love you all... but plz point out to me when I'm dumb. XD

Shout out to Alyx! Who left me a comment on the AO3 version of this about Kristin having a cold. And then texted me about a formatting issue where it looked like I wrote "eye hadow" to which I cried laughing. <3