40. Secret in Your Throat

"Just think happy thoughts" I mumble out by accident as I hold my hand to my bleeding neck.

"Happy thoughts aren't going to stop me" the voice rang out around me "neither is your little boyfriend." Boyfriend? I pull a face thinking of Gerard as my boyfriend. If only but also... what an interesting time that would be considering he currently hates me. I fucked up big time and need to apologize so badly. I run with my hand covering the cut on my neck and duck behind a group of empty crate boxes that are similar to all the other ones in this damn place. I sink against the boxes and try to quiet my breathing. I slip my shoes off because I know my socks will muffle my movements better. Thank god for hide and seek in this place with Gerard. I grab a piece of broken wood next to me and chuck it in the opposite direction as to where I'm headed.

"You won't get away from me that easy baby doll," I hear him say but I'm already tiptoe running towards the back room. Once I pass the door way I head to the back near the broken window and duck behind the giant crates near it. I cover my mouth with my other hand to quiet my breathing and calm down. But all I can feel is a choking sensation as the overwhelming feeling of wanting to cry comes over me. I just put Gerard in so much danger. I really hope he decides to not come here tonight.

"Where did you go doll?" Dominic yelled from the main room, his voice wasn't too faint since this whole place was empty. Instead it echoed making me feel like he is everywhere. "We have so much in common, let's chat little y/n." His voice just made me more scared. How could I not notice earlier that he was a vampire too, fuck.

"Hey, y/n/n" I hear whispered near me and I open my eyes searching the semi-darkness before noticing him a few feet away from me.

"G-Gee?" I choke out trying not to be loud.

"Hey hey, I'm here." Gerard comes closer to me.

"You should go, he wants to-" I start reaching out to him with my blood free hand.

"I know. I know. I heard it all." He says stopping in front of me, taking my hand in his. "You're hurt." He narrows his eyes and his nostrils flare.

"It's fine, it's just a scratch. Gerard please, get out-"

"No. That asshole. He's not going to get away with this." He growls, grabbing my wrist, face contorting slightly.

"Gee please, I don't want you to get hurt." I said looking at him with tears in my eyes.

"I'll be fine," He let go of my wrist, eyes flashing red as he looked at my neck. Shit.

"No, Gee. I uh, I need to tell you something."

"Later, okay? Let me get you out of here first." He says looking back towards the door.

"Gee he's really strong, and really fast. He's gonna know."

"Shit," He looks down for a moment thinking. "Okay, I'm going to distract him and you are going to get out okay?"

"No, he's too strong. Have you, have you even eaten anything lately?" He looks away from me. Shit. I take my hand away from my neck and reach towards him. "I think I'm your only option right now." Gerard looks up at me with red eyes.

"I couldn't, pumpkin" He says moving away.

"Gerard." I whisper a bit sternly but with a smile. "If you're going to kick this guy's ass, you need your strength." He looked me in the eyes searching, I'm not going to change my mind so the butt better accept that.

"Are you, are you sure?" he whispered, scooting closer to me.

I nodded with a soft smile on my lips. He was holding my wrist in a second, licking the blood off my hand.

I squeaked at the sudden warm tongue on my hand. It was kinda weird seeing someone lick my hand but like, at least it will be clean I guess. Once most of the blood was off my hand, he stared at my neck. Gerard's eyes were redder than I've ever seen them. More red than the first time I saw him. He never drank blood around me before because he always said it was too dangerous and he's never had human blood before. This is dangerous and a stupid idea.

"Gee," I whisper and turn my head slightly to the right to let him know it was okay. If he's going to kick bad vampire guys ass and we may not make it out of here alive.... Might as well let him go for it. He let go of my wrist and hovered over my legs with one hand on the cement next to my thigh and the other reaching towards my neck. He moved some of my hair away and leaned in closer so that his nose brushed my neck. It made a chill run through me from the coldness but I tried to stay as still as possible. I don't want Gee to think I'm scared. I am, but not of him.

"You sure." He whispers, breath fanning over my neck.

"Bite me."

His hand rests on my upper arm as I feel something warm go over the cut on my neck making me suck in a deep breath. Something presses against my neck and everything is still, maybe his lips but why? He should just bite me already. Then I feel a hot breath fan over my neck and pain like giant needles in my neck and I cover my mouth with my other hand trying not to whimper at the feeling. It's not enjoyable, it's worse than a shot and I fucking hate shots. But the pain stops almost as quickly as it started and it just feels okay. Almost... enjoyable. I hope this doesn't awaken anything in me. I should have never read Twilight. Fuck this is hot.

I don't know how long goes by but he pulls away and doesn't look at me for a moment. Way to make me feel like my blood is shit, dude.

"Stay here, okay." He looks me in the eyes and tightens his grip on my arm. I can only nod, his red eyes and serious look have me shook. "If I'm not back in five minutes, you need to leave. Okay, princess?" I nod again. He leans in and presses his lips to my forehead before he's gone again. I pull my legs up against my chest and lean against the crate hoping he's going to be okay.