4. Trust Me

A.N. That's the sweatshirt btw, just imagine it with black leggings and like covering your butt cause Gee is bigger than you lol.

We walked over to the couch he has down in the basement and sat at opposite ends, and I waited for him to talk. Thank god I was able to get my breathing and heart under control but I still feel the adrenaline coursing through my veins.

Gerard sighs and puts his head in his hands while I sit curled up in the other corner just watching him.

"Okay." He sits up and turns slightly towards me, "Don't freak out."

"You already scared the crap out of me Gerard. So it's too late for that." I pull my legs closer to myself to get comfy. Gerard looks away and seems to think for a moment.

"Alright," he pauses before turning back to me, "I'm a vampire." I stare at him.

"You're fucking with me," I say as a chuckle passes my lips. He can't be serious. He just looks at me though, waiting. Why does him being a vampire actually make sense right now??! The fuck. "Okay." I look at him and want to shake my head because of course he is. I'll go with it for now, maybe something else is up. But it does kinda make sense. The fuck?

Gerard nods and looks away towards the wall where the tv is. "I went out to... hunt... before you would be coming over tonight and before Mikey got back home."

"Question," I interrupted him, earning myself a look, "where the hell is your brother. He didn't text me back at all."

"He's at Pete's for a bit to hang out."

"Jerk, always forgets the time we set to hang out." I grumble stretching my legs out on the couch and crossing my arms. Vampire thing is so a cover for something.

"You... You're more concerned about where Mikey is over the fact that I'm a vampire?" Gerard questions me exasperatedly.

I pause for a moment because am I? I mean I did walk around upstairs looking for him and I assumed he was messing around down here which is why I came downstairs. But is that more important than the fact Gerard literally confessed to hunting for blood? Holy shit is he really a fucking Vampire?

"Holy fuck why did you go hunt? What did you go hunt?! What the fuck you're a vampire!" I realize just what he said earlier and my eyes go wide. Gerard just rolls his eyes at me.

"Yes I am. I just said that. Uhh I just hunted some animals over in the forest by the park. No way in hell am I going to kill someone just to eat." He said leaning back against the couch.

"Huh" I say looking at him better. I mean these past couple of months he has seemed a bit... off. More than usual. "How did it happen?"

Gerard glanced at me with just his eyes before sighing and looking away fully, "It was a few months ago. I was on my way home from the record store and some guy jumped me as I passed the park."

"Wait," I sat up more and leaned forward a bit. "You're telling me, when we all looked for you for like 4 days back in March, you were transforming into a vampire." I said with a bit of a crazed smile on my face. We had all been wondering where he went when he disappeared but he refused to talk about it. This is so fucking wild. I barely believe any of what he's telling me.

"Yeah," He let his head fall back against the couch with his eyes closed.

"Cool," I whispered. He turned on me in an instant.

"No! Not cool, it's a fucking curse." He growled, leaning toward me with a wicked glare.

"S-sorry" I shrunk back against the arm of the couch putting more space between us. "I just- it makes sense! I mean you were gone for a while we were worried sick!"