31. Yikes

Fun fact: the entirety of chapter 16 was going to be from Mikey's pov and be about his feelings. But I scraped it because Mikey was being a little bitch to write back then anyway. So plz enjoy the argument of two dumbasses who can't communicate very well.

TW: slightest slut shame sentence?? I'm putting the warning just in case some of you don't want to read that or need to be prepared. It's legit one line and not super bad, but still.

"Mikey why are you so mad at me?" I raised my voice at him. We were in his room so I didn't worry about the boys down stairs hearing any noise but Gerard could probably hear it which is not something I'm really thinking too hard about.

"I'm not mad! I'm just," Mikey turned away and ran his hand through his hair. "What are you always doing with my brother?"

"Liar you are fucking mad. Besides Gee and I just hang out. I thought you wanted us to be friends?!" I don't understand where this is coming from? Ughh!

"I want you to be friends! I don't want you to date him!" Mikey yells at me. I blink at him.

"What?" I say.

"You heard me!"

"You think I'm dating Gerard!" I yell in shock, stepping closer to him a bit.

"Why the fuck else would you two be so close nowadays?"

"Maybe cause you've been hanging out with other friends. It feels like you don't have time for me anymore."

"I've been hanging out with other people because you're always with Gerard now! You never have time for me!" Mikey paced his room.

"I thought you wanted some space," I crossed my arms. This argument is getting us nowhere because I have to lie to his face except not about the dating thing cause we really aren't dating ughhhh.

"I wanted my brother and my best friend to get along! Not be sneaking around all the time and hanging out without me!" He steps closer to me. "I especially didn't want you two to be in a fuckin relationship you wont even tell me about." He stood glaring down at me.

"We aren't dating," I say sternly.

"Liar. And you're not even gonna bother to cover up the fact you two have been hanging out without me?" he throws his arms in the air. "Plus you've had his sweatshirt for like two fucking months now that's how I figured it out!" He says looking anywhere but at me.

"What, what are you talking about? His sweatshirt?!" Oh fuck.

"You were literally wearing it the night of our shit talk sleepover back in fucking August! The maroon one? And don't even pretend you haven't been wearing it ever since."

"Yeah cause I-I spilled on my shirt that night. And, and Gee gave me one of his to wear while mine was in, in the wash" I said, trying to remember the lie we came up with in case Mikey did recognize the sweatshirt that night nearly two months ago. My face probably giving away that I was lying.

"Really? Then why did you keep it if you two aren't together?" Mikey crossed his arms as if he just won.

"We're not together."

"Fucking bullshit! I heard him calling you Pumpkin! Not to mention the cuddling downstairs just now? And what ever the fuck kind of flirting you two were doing in the kitchen and on the couch in front of literally everyone! Y/n at least be fucking honest with me!"

"I am being honest! We aren't dating!"

"No you're not! I don't care if you're fucking my brother just tell me about it!" It felt like everything just stopped in that moment. I looked at Mikey in shock and he started to realize exactly what he said. The anger and shame and sadness felt overwhelming and I turned leaving his room as fast as I could.

"Y/n!" Mikey shouts at me but I ignore him and head downstairs. I could feel the tears start to prick my eyes as I reached the bottom, I headed straight for the door ignoring Mikey rushing down the stairs behind me.

"Y/n, wait." Gerard says walking from the hallway. He definitely heard all of that argument. I can't even look at him.

"I'm fine. I'm going home." I say opening the front door but Mikey grabs my arm.

"Y/n please. I'm sorry I didn't mean-"

"Mikey." I look at him, I know my eyes are red. I know I'm about to cry. "You're not the only one with a crush around here that isn't going to act on it." I pull my arm from him and close the door behind me as the tears start falling down my face. I walk home in the rain. You can't even tell I'm crying. I haven't told anyone about my crush on Gerard. I wasn't even planning to, especially not planning to tell Mikey. Fuck. I said it in front of Gerard. Fuck. I open the front door and head straight to my room, thank god my parents are out to dinner. I know I should shower and get out of these wet clothes but I just lean against my door and cry on the floor instead.

After who knows how long I force myself to get up and grab warm pajamas and head to my shower. I stand under the heat of the shower for a while. The heat just makes everything seem not as bad. But the water starts to cool after a while and it's time to get out. I pull on my pajamas and when I look in the mirror I notice the sweatshirt I grabbed was Gerard's maroon one. The one he gave me two months ago when we first started our friendship. I sigh and leave the bathroom going back to my room when I notice my lights are now on. I breathe in deeply and open my door.

But Gerard's not there. I look around the room and there's no sign he was even here except for my twinkle lights being on and my sleepover bag is now on my chair. I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding and head to my bed. I reach for the covers and notice a note on my pillow. I pull the sheets down and grab the note before getting into my bed. Maybe I should just leave it and read it tomorrow. I don't want to feel worse than I already do right now. I go to set it on the side table but think better of it.

'Y/N,

I know it's not my place but Mikey feels really bad about what happened between you two in his room. He locked himself in his room and refused to hang out with us. He even refused to talk to me about it.

I know you guys will talk it through and be close like always. You guys are best friends, you always make up.

If you want to talk about it, you can always call me.

Gee'

I put the note down on my bedside table. I don't feel worse thankfully but I don't feel better either. Does this mean Gerard didn't hear the argument or is he willfully ignoring it. I get further under the blankets and try to sleep, leaving my twinkle lights on.