16. Sleepover

The next day at school Mikey was acting a bit weird with me, well in general. The car ride to school he was more quiet than normal, he wouldn't even join in with Gerard and I's obnoxious singing to Queen. During math he was just as silent. I can't understand what the whole silent treatment is about? Thankfully, after school was out and we were all hanging by the cars Mikey was back to himself and cracking jokes with me and the rest of the gang. It was still really weird. I wonder if everything will be fine at our sleepover tomorrow.

~

Time skip brought to you by "the way Gerard pronounces Chicago with a CH sound instead of a SH sound" cause umm why???

~

I showed up at the Way's house just before 6 because I knew Mikey and I would probably stay up late so may as well get the party started early! Surprisingly Mikey answered the door this time instead of Gerard, but then again he was waiting for me to show up.

"Let's go upstairs and chill, I have some new music I want to show you." Mikey said as I walked inside.

"Sure sure, is it band music or like stuff you're learning on the bass?" I ask as we head to the stairs.

"Umm both?" Mikey chuckles.

We run up the stairs and lock ourselves away in his bedroom. Mikey shows me some new music from a band called Waterparks. They are actually pretty good. Especially 11:11 and Stupid for You. Then Mikey played some of his bass for me. He and the boys are trying to start a band, like a real band not just for school. Mikey has been practicing bass for months now trying to get especially good at it so he can play with Gerard in their own band. It's really amazing how much effort and determination he has, especially since Gerard has been out of things because of the whole vampire thing. The band idea is very much alive though which is good.

After talking about music for a while and potential cool band names that are actually just drug references, we figured it was time to get serious and battle each other in Mario Kart. As we came down stairs we saw that Gerard sat in the middle of the couch playing the wii, the wii console was reserved for the living room for everyone but the other game stations were in Gerard's room. And occasionally the wii gets moved to Mikey's room if we are having a sleepover.

"Hey Gee, can you move? Y/n and I are gonna play Mario Kart." Mikey said walking over to the cabinet where the wii games were held.

"Uh let me finish this round first." Gerard said as he kept playing. I rolled my eyes and fell onto the couch, throwing myself across his lap.

"Hurry uuuuup. I wanna beat Mikey in Mario Kart." I whined. Gerard didn't even look down at me.

"Maybe if you didn't talk I'd be finished sooner."

"You're just saying that cause you suck at this game." I said as I moved off of Gerard.

"Alright tough girl, you're just being mean cause you can't even beat this level." Gerard said as he finished the round.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes and got settled into a corner of the couch. Gerard just stuck his tongue out at me before getting up and handing the controller to Mikey.

"Kick Y/n's ass, Mikey." He said walking away, giving me a smirk.

"Hey that's rude!" I yelled, I almost threw a pillow at him but thought better of it. Gerard just chuckled as he headed down the hall to his room.

"Huh," Mikey hummed, grabbing another controller and sitting on the couch with me.

"Huh what?" I asked, reaching for the extra remote.

"Just you guys being so friendly. I mean I'm used to it in the car but, do you guys like, hang out? More than just last friday?"

"Well we have classes together Mikes, remember?" I look away from him and pretend to check my phone as if one of my parents texted me. I hate lying to Mikey but, I have to. I promised I would never tell him, plus I can't say anything about Gerard and I hanging out a few days ago.

Mikey just hummed and got Mario Kart ready. We played for a while and Mikey was actually doing good. I still won the most. Who would have guessed that? Hahahaha. After a while we both got hungry and decided it was time to order some food.

We walked into the kitchen and sat down at the table to look through all the take out menus the Way's had stashed by the phone. We decided pizza would be our best bet and the one that would probably be delivered the fastest. As we decided what we wanted to order Gerard came into the kitchen and went over to the fridge.

"Hey you hungry? Or are you good? We are going to order pizza." I said, giving Gerard a look, meaning I was both talking about getting pizza but also if he had any blood lately.

"Uh yeah I'm fine."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I uh, ate a little while ago." He said, grabbing a water out of the fridge.

"Okay cool." I turned away from him and back to Mikey, "So what kind of pizza are you thinking of Mikes, cause I kind of want mushrooms on mine and spinach."

Mikey looked from his brother to me, "I think I'm just going to get pepperoni tonight."

"That's boring." I said but dialed the number anyway and ordered two medium pizzas for us. Gerard left and went back down to his room. Mikey gave me a look as I ordered but I ignored it, well more like pretended I did not see it.

The pizza arrived pretty quickly tonight, must not be busy since it's a Thursday. We ate and watched some Stranger Things before heading upstairs to get ready for bed.

Cue the late night conversation.

Mikey laid in his bed and I laid in my sleeping bag on the floor. We both vegged out in silence for a little bit before Mikey spoke up.

"So are all three of us going to hang out again like before?"

"I hope so," I looked up at Mikey's dark ceiling.

"Good," I could hear the smile in Mikey's voice. I feel a bit bad though. I have to keep secrets from him and who knows how all three of us hanging out is going to be like.

"Maybe we can go do something together tomorrow." he said quietly.

"You mean today, Mikes?" I giggled. Mikey laughed too.

"Yeah today. What about seeing a movie or going to the skate park?"

"Yeah, that would be fun." We fell into silence again thinking about what we could do together, all three of us.

"Hey, Y/n." Mikey whispered. I hear him shift on his bed and I turn to my side to look up at him.

"Yeah Mikey?" I ask as he looks down at me.

"You would tell me if something was going on between you and Gerard, right?" The eye contact Mikey gave was serious and trusting.

"Of course Mikey. You're my best friend," God this hurts. At least now I know how Gerard feels having to lie to all of us for so long.

Mikey just looked at me, searching for something. "Okay."

I gave him a small smile, "You come first Mikes. Let's head to bed though, that way we can have alllllll of tomorrow to hang out. The three of us."

"Yeah, you're right." He laid back down on his bed. "Night y/n/n."

"Night Mikey."