5. BFF's

The pizzas arrived shortly after Mikey came back down stairs, boy takes long showers but so do I. We ate and chatted about the day and had a nice time, the three of us. I think Mikey was a bit surprised to see Gerard and I getting along so well cause usually we share very few words with each other. Plus dinners or whatever we are eating is usually a little awkward with both of us taking turns talking to Mikey and not each other. Once we all finished Mikey and I grabbed some drinks and snacks and headed upstairs to his room while Gerard headed down to the basement to... vibe I guess. But Gerard still gave me a look as Mikey and I headed up stairs, probably a please don't tell look but it was weird.

We settle on the floor with our backs against his bed, facing towards the tv.

"So what movies are you thinking tonight Mikey? Or should we get right to the shit talking?" I laugh as I open a bottle of Coca Cola.

"Uh how about shit talk and then some movie and then more shit talking but I have a question for you first." I looked up at him with a raised eyebrow signaling for him to go on. "When did you and Gerard get like that?"

"Uhh like what?" I ask.

"Um like being able to have an actual conversation with each other. In the past three years you two have never spoken more than a few words let alone have a whole ass conversation."

"Okay," I say pointing my bottle at him. "We used to talk in middle school before high school came and we just got into different things. Plus you're my best friend. I stick to you, not him." I say nudging him with my shoulder.

"Okay okay," He said smiling lightly. "It was just kind of weird seeing you two get along again. Why did you two stop talking in the first place?"

"Who knows," I shrug. "We just had different classes and made different friends that first year of high school. Plus if anyone were to know I feel like you would know more than me."

"Why would I know? I think it's cause you guys didn't have me" Mikey smirks and I can't help but laugh and roll my eyes.

"Sure, sure. It's totally cause you weren't there." I laugh. And we move on and talk about the teachers we got this year and whether we are going to need to cheat off each other in math. We talk about our separate classes and how excited we are for our electives this year. I'm taking advanced choir along with music theory for a semester which switches to teachers assistant the next, and then Mythology. While Mikey is taking Jazz band and playing the bass in it, it's not even really Jazz. The class is just really about jamming and creating music. He's in that class with Ray and Frank and Gerard. It's a really cool class with lots of people playing different instruments, Mikey says I should have taken it and been a singer for it but that's too much pressure for me. I'm not interested in sharing my music with a bunch of high school boys.

We talk about our friends and how great it is that we have classes together with so many of them this year. While Gerard, Ray, Pete and I will be graduating this year, it's nice to have one last year together with a bunch of classes in common.

"Soooo..." I take a sip from my cola, "Are you going to make a move on Kristin this year or am I going to have to wait for a text while I'm at college?" I joke, pushing him.

"Stop!" He squirms away from me trying to hide the blush I know is growing on his face.

"Come on! You guys are so cute together!"

"Noo. Y/n! Stop!" He says throwing a pillow at me.

"Fine! You're lucky operation Heart Eyes is just for me, Patrick, Pete and Ray to figure out. Cause boy if I had you involved, you would never allow any set ups at all!" I say throwing the pillow back at him.

"Ugghhhhh!" He groans holding the pillow over his face. "Why are you so mean to me?"

"It's because I love you and I want you to be happy." I say laying down over his legs looking up at his pillow covered face. Mikey moves the pillow away and looks down at me for a moment, before immediately shoving the pillow on my face. "Hey!"

"You're lucky you're my best friend or I wouldn't tolerate your selflessness." I barely hear through the pillow being forced on me as I struggle under his arms. He lets me go after a while and I throw the pillow against his face one last time before grabbing some oreos and deciding to pick a movie to watch.

We decided to watch High School Musical, Heathers, and Carrie. After the movies we crashed on his bed and didn't wake up till late the next day. We spent the rest of that day hanging out before I went back home Saturday night.