Chapter. 1

"Just think happy thoughts" I mumbled as I held my hand to my bleeding neck.

"Happy thoughts aren't going to stop me" the voice rang out around me "neither is your little boyfriend" Boyfriend? I pull a face thinking of Gerard as my boyfriend. If only but also... what an interesting time that would be considering he currently hates me. Let's go back a bit and figure out why exactly I'm stuck in my favorite abandoned building being hunted by an asshole vampire, who if I had the opportunity I would love to shove a stake up their ass.

2 months ago~

I'm just your average high school senior living a relatively chill life. I've got semi absent parents which makes my life near fanfiction worthy, ya know. I've got enough freedom living in the town of Belleview that I don't need to let my parents know everything about everything like who I'm with and where I am, as long as it sounds safe or I just lie. Being an only child makes it so easy to lie, well at least I learned to lie very well over the years. 

Anyway! It's senior year right! Gonna be the best time of my high school career right? I mean my best friend Mikey is in a few of my classes despite him being a grade below me, he's smart okay. I'm not dumb, he's just smart. We hang out a ton which is the best! We also work on dumb lyrics together and I'm trying to get him to sing but he refuses and says its not his thing. Which is crazy cause his voice isn't even bad. But he always says that his brother is way better at it. Mikey likes to think his brother and I would get along great because we still have tons of common interests but... he hates me?

I have zero clue as to why, it's just been like that the last few years. Gerard's never really talked to me anyway but we at least used to hang out together when I was over and like in class. Now even when we have classes together he doesn't even try to talk to me. I have no idea what happened! Freshman year rolled around and suddenly Gerard stopped talking to me as much and we just lost our friendship? It's shitty. Not only cause I'm best friends with his brother and at his house a lot but... yeah actually that's it. It makes things awkward but like I guess I gotta live with that. And knowing I will never know why he stopped talking to me. Maybe it's cause Mikey had a crush on me at some point but that went away when we realized we are way too much like siblings to each other.

I'm not really friends with Gerard's friends. Like Frankie is cool and I mean Ray and I are friends because Ray usually has classes with me. We really became friends once he and Mikey became friends too, so we all hang out. I don't really talk to Bert or the others Gerard sometimes talks to. Gerard usually just sticks to Frank, Ray and Mikey anyways.

If I'm not hanging with Mikey I usually hang out with my friends Patrick, Pete, and my other best friend Kristin that Mikey has a huge crush on. They would be so cute if they got together! But Mikey is shy and Kristin just out right refuses to make the first move, the tension is so thick you need a chainsaw to cut that. It's so frustrating.

Well that's my friends and my situation so far but now it's time to actually start senior year and honestly this recap of my life so far as I lay in bed waiting for my alarm to go off was really nice. I hate waking up before my alarm, it's like bitch I could've slept in more but noooooo my body just had to betray me. I looked to the clock, honestly five minutes before my alarm is whatever so I guess it's time to get ready. Glad I took those last 10 minutes to think about my life and my friends.

Getting up for school is such a hassle, I wish summer didn't end but like, I guess I'm excited for school too. Mostly my friends and my electives, and the fact that seniors only have to take english, gov/econ, and math. The rest of the classes are all mine to pick.

I went through my closet and picked something cute and punk. I consider myself a punk just because I don't care too much what people think of me and I'm going to be true to myself even if that offends people. But also my music and style choices make me look pretty punk. I picked out my fav blue plaid bottoms (skirt or pants or shorts it's your look) and a plain baseball tee that I tucked into them. Then went and put some makeup on just like I like. Once that was done it was time for hair which I decided could wait cause food is way more important so I head downstairs in search for the food.

The kitchen is usually empty but my mom was there today making eggs.

"Any for me?" I asked as I went to the fridge for juice.

"Yup," she said nodding, "Figured you should get breakfast on your last first day of high school."

"How sentimental," I said, giving her a side hug and mumbling a good morning. I then set the table for two seeing as Dad was already gone. We ate in peace and chatted about what I felt like school was going to be this year. If I'm being honest, it will probably be the same as always. Me and the boys (and Kristin) being nerds and having a grand ole time ignoring everyone else.

7:40 rolled around and I said bye to my mom so that I could jump in the Way's car for a ride to school just like we have done for the past 6 years. Since they only live around the street from me, carpooling is always something we've done.

"You ready for the first day of the end?" I asked Mikey as I hopped into the back seat. Mikey was always shotgun since Gerard was now the driver. He got his license two years ago, so no more fun convos with Mrs. Way. Now it is just awkward looks and minimal words from the driver.

"That's such a shitty way to say that this is your last year in high school." He said back, turning in his seat trying to smack me but not reaching me in the slightest.

I chuckled, "That's how it feels Mikes."

"Yeah, well shut up." He said. Mikey and I had a nice talk last Saturday at the Last Summer Sleepover Before School. He's obviously feeling weird and kind of left out now that his brother and his best friends are graduating this year. Mikey is going to be without me next year, and without Gerard, for the first time in a decade. It's honestly kind of scary. I don't blame him for being snappy at the subject.

We rode to the school in comfortable silence with Gerard's music playing over the speakers, it was some chill summer music. Which is a nice-ish way to start the day. Arriving at the school parking lot it really does feel different this time. Last time the three of us start together. We get out of the car and start heading towards the school when I'm suddenly grabbed from behind.

"What is up nerds?!" Patrick's voice rings out next to my ear. We all laugh.

"Just going to hell for another year, what's up with you?" Mikey says. Patrick moves so his arm is thrown over my shoulder instead.

"Waiting for Pete and whoever else I can find before walking into Hell." Patrick says and I nod in agreement.

"Sounds reasonable. No one wants to go to hell alone," I say.

"Did someone say my name earlier?" Pete says walking up to us. Gerard is just hanging with us looking around for Frank and Ray.

"Ayy! What's up dick face?" Patrick says pointing at Pete.

"Nothin much 'Trick." Pete responds. "Who else we waiting for before heading in?" He says looking around.

"Other than Kristin, Joe and Andy?" I ask, raising my eyebrow at him.

"Uhh yeeeaah." He says before starting to talk to Mikey about his summer and what classes he has. I chat with Patrick as we wait a few minutes for Ray and Frank to join us all.

"Who's ready for another year of the fuckin' shit show that is called school?" Frank says walking up to us with Ray and Kristin. They have been carpooling for school together since last year because they all live pretty close together. We all laugh and joke about school sucking but I know we are all excited for our electives. Since we are seniors and juniors we all have more electives now, us seniors get three while the juniors get two. It's so nice that the school actually lets us pick some fun classes to do.

After a while we realize it's 10 minutes before the bell rings and we should probably head into the building now. And thankfully Joe and Andy run up and join us before we could leave them in the dust.  We joke about them being late to the first day of school and head over to the front steps.

"Who's going to step in first?" Patrick asks. I'm sure people look at each other but everything feels different today. It's time to just get this year started.

I step away from them not realizing that Gerard has too and we walk up the few steps together wordlessly before pausing in front of the doors for a moment. I breathe in deeply and make my way into the building through the giant double doors with Gerard by my side and our friends right behind us. This year is going to be a good one.