30. Game Night

It is finally friday! Ya know what that means? More content? No! It's Game Night! I'm actually really excited to hang out with the boys. I haven't had a game night with them in a long time, since around the time Gerard stopped talking to me. I made sure after I got dressed that morning to grab a bag and pick some clothes to take over so I wouldn't feel too panicked after school. But also game night wasn't going to start till five so I would have plenty of time. I guess I'm just excited. I'm used to sleepovers with Mikey but Gerard is going to actually be involved in the sleep over fun this time soooo obviously I'm nervous.

The boys pick me up for school as usual but with a little extra pep, at least from Gerard. Mikey is still meh. Which is annoying as fuck but I can deal with it.... for now. Gerard and I talked most of English class since we had a substitute today and even he agreed that Mikey was being weird and was starting to get worried. If Gerard wasn't getting anywhere with Mikey I doubt I would be able to but I still offered to try for Gerard's sake.

The rest of the school day went by uneventful and boring which made the fact that tonight was going to be tons of fun even harder to wait for! We all hung out in the parking lot for a bit after school like usual and Kristin seemed really happy that I was joining boys night, even though she wasn't invited. I went home with the Way's like usual with a promise to walk over to their place at five. Once inside my house I went up and took a quick shower so I wouldn't smell awful tomorrow when I woke up with the boys. Then I went and grabbed a pair of black leggings and a long sleeve blue henley to keep warm while inside. Sure the Way's house was always nice and warm but the weather called for rain that night and I didn't want to end up freezing later in case the heater decided not to work. Which has happened to us before.

I crashed on my bed for a little while trying to relax and like power nap I guess? My dad mentioned sleeping for 20 minutes can give you more energy for the rest of your day. But like how in the fuck do you know you've only been sleeping for 20 minutes? I set an alarm on my phone and just read some fanfiction and scroll tumblr as I relax. After a while I get back up and put everything I will need tonight in my bag. I double check it so I know I'm not forgetting anything at home before finally grabbing some socks and shoes and heading out the door.

As I walk to the Way's house I realize I should have grabbed a jacket instead of just relying on a long sleeve but I'm just hoping the inside of the house will be enough to warm me up. And if worse comes to worse I will use a blanket or ask Gerard for a jacket. And this time I won't take it home with me and never return it.

I'm of course the first person at the Way's house but Gerard brings me in out of the cold and gives me a big hug to warm me back up.

"I'd say you were as cold as death but we both know that should be me."

I laugh at Gerard as he pulls away. "Oh definitely, I'm surprised you aren't colder like in Twilight." I smirk poking Gerard in the stomach softly.

He glares down at me. "At least I know how to behave around people I like unlike fuckin Edward Cullen." He rolls his eyes.

I laugh, shaking my head at his antics.

"Hey Y/n," Mikey says walking down the stairs. What a fuckin surprise he acknowledged my presence.

"Hey Mikey! You excited for tonight?" I smiled adjusting my bag on my shoulder.

"Yeah," He says flatly, walking into the kitchen.

Gerard and I share a look before he guides me down to the basement to throw my stuff down there for the sleepover. We sit on his bed for a bit chatting about comics when Frank comes busting through the door at the top of the stairs.