45. Holding Hands and Life Was Perfect

After we settle everything with Mikey and answer a million questions about vampirism and the douche canoe, Mikey heads up stairs and leaves Gerard and I alone in the basement to relax and calm down after everything.

"Do you want to spend the night?" Gerard speaks up next to me after a while. We just stayed on the bed not even moving after Mikey walked away. The weight of everything feels heavy and light at the same time.

"Yes please."

"Are your parent's going to care?"

"I'll text them. They probably think I'm over here anyway." I laugh, pulling my phone out. Gerard laughs too.

After sending a quick text I look over to Gerard who is looking down at his scratched palms. I reach out and place my hand over his. "Are you okay?"

"I think so. Just feels weird."

"What?" I get up and crawl next to him so I'm sitting against the headboard with him. I take his hand in mine as he looks at me.

"Just everything." He chuckles awkwardly, looking down at our hands. "Like fighting another person like me. Drinking your blood. Killing someone. Like we didn't even mention that to Mikey." He looks at me with worried eyes.

"I know, but maybe it's better if he doesn't know. Maybe he just assumed that's what happened anyway." I shrug. "I don't think Mikey is concerned about murder so much as the fact that you're safe." I squeeze his hand.

"I guess." Gerard leans his head against mine, tightening his fingers around mine. "Are you okay?"

"I think so."

Gerard stays quiet.

"I think it feels more weird that Mikey knows that we've been hanging out without him and are together now." I smile looking at our hands.

Gerard lifts his head up and looks down at me, laughing through his nose. "That's the weird part to you?"

"I think so. Like we've kept it secret for two months! And now he knows and like we're dating now too which is not where I thought this would go."

"You didn't?"

"No. I kind of thought you hated me and were just tolerating me as a friend since I knew you were a vampire. Then after the douche vampire manipulated me, I really thought you hated me."

"You thought..." He shook his head. "Pumpkin. You thought I was just tolerating you?"

"Well I didn't know! I was like starting to catch feelings but you also ignored me for three years, soo." I shrugged.

Gerard let go of my hand and pulled me into a hug. "I already told you I was stupid back then."

"I know," I mumble into his chest.

"You're dumb."

"So are you."

"Yeah but I'm dumb and in love. So it's excused." He tightened his grip on me.

"I guess, dummy." I smiled into his chest.

We stayed like that for a little while. I could feel his chest rise but there was no heartbeat to be heard. My eyes felt heavy as I laid against him.

"I love you."

"I love you too." I sighed out, breathing in the coffee and cigarette scent that is Gerard.

"Lets get pj's on, pumpkin." He said rubbing a hand on my back.

"Okay."

Gerard shifted under me and I finally sat up, rubbing my eyes trying to keep myself awake enough to change.