19. Bonding Times

It's been a little over a month since I found out about Gerard being a vampire. To "celebrate" our friendship and shared secret we decided to spend Saturday hanging out in the basement reading comic books like we used to back in middle school.

We sat on his bed comfortably, I had my back against the wall toward the end of his bed and my legs stretched out in front of me while Gerard sat at the top of his bed with his back resting on his pillow. We had a pile of comics between us that we were reading from as we hung out in silence. It was a nice comfortable silence though, it wasn't awkward at all which was great. After a while of reading Gerard broke the nice silence.

"Hey, Y/n, can you pass me that Batman book?" He said, kicking his feet up on the pillow next to me.

"Only if you move your feet away from my face. Also, you know you can use my nickname right?" I grabbed the graphic novel that sat next to me and tossed it at him.

Gerard caught the book no problem. "Oh so nicknames are going to be a thing now?"

"Well, I have already called you Gee. It's only fair." I shrugged from my end of the bed.

"Alright Pumpkin," Gerard said sarcastically, finally moving his feet away from my face. I could feel my stomach tighten at the nick name.

"Ew don't call me that. I meant my actual nickname, Y/n/n." I threw the pillow his feet were just on at him, but I could feel my face go red.

He laughed, catching the pillow but stopped when he looked at my face. "Oh my gosh. Are you blushing?"

"No! I'm not!" I said, putting my hands up to cover my face and looking away.

Gerard moved, kneeling on his bed coming closer to me. "Oh no no no," He said, smirking evilly and grabbing my hands. "Oh my gosh! You really are blushing!"

"Shut up!" I said trying to push him away.

He laughed getting closer to me. "Is little Y/n blushing because she likes to be called pumpkin?" He said teasingly.

"Shut up!" I said pulling my hands away and pushing him, but this just freed his hands instead of mine and he went straight to my sides to start tickling me.

"Awww does tough little y/n want to be called pumpkin" Gerard said attacking my sides. I couldn't stop the laughter spilling from my lips as I tried to push Gerard away.

"Gee stop!" I said through my laughter. He just went harder.

"Never!" He said adjusting his position so he could tickle me more and corner me in.

"S-stop! Gee!" I cried pushing him more.

"Admit you liked it! Admit it, tough girl!" He said through a smile and his own chuckles.

I couldn't handle the fight anymore. I had to make it stop, "F-fine! It-It's cute!" I said with tears in my eyes from laughing.

"It is a cute nickname," He says stopping his assault. "How mad would you be if I called you that in front of people?" He smiled as if knowing the answer.

"You better fucking not." I said, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Haha okay, I'll save you the embarrassment and only tease you... sometimes." He smirked down at me. I gave him a look that basically translates to I'll kill you. Gerard smirked and flexed his fingers against my sides in warning, I sucked in a breath trying not to let it tickle. Glancing down I realize just how close we were.

My hands were resting against Gerard's chest as he sat on my outstretched legs. His hands were on my sides and his face... I looked up into his eyes and I think he noticed how close we were too because his eyes had turned dark instead of their light hazel. He looked surprised and ... shy? It could be an almost perfect moment for a...What the fuck Y/n! You can't kiss your best friend's brother. Our faces were so close... we could just lean a little closer and...