10. Awkward much?

Tuesday barely started, like I legit just woke up and it already feels like it is going to be a weird day. Maybe it's from the really shitty takeout I had last night or cause I fell asleep with my twinkle lights on. Maybe it's from the dream I had just now where Gerard was one of those classic vampires from the old movies trying to seduce me so he can drink my blood. Whatever it is, I feel weird as fuck. And I'll analyze that dream later, ain't got no time for that mess of hormones.

I got up for the day and got ready in some black shorts and a Ramones t-shirt. Thankfully that weird ass dream got me up before my alarm so I can get completely ready now and take my time with breakfast and eat something more than pop tarts or waffles. I finished getting ready then grabbed my socks and white high tops before heading down stairs to make some breakfast.

Making myself eggs and actually sitting down for breakfast today not having to rush is so nice. Maybe today isn't going to be as weird as it feels even though I definitely feel off.

As I got in the car I could tell it was different too.

"Hey boys," I said buckling in.

"Hey," they said in unison. Creepy. No one said anything for a while.

"Uh bad morning boys?" I asked, trying to alleviate the awkward tension.

"No uh sorry, just thinking." Gerard said.

"And you?" I leaned over trying to look better at Mikey.

"I woke up late, I'm still asleep. I don't know how I made it to the car." Mikey chuckled softly.

"Sounds like your normal day Mikes," I nudged this seat with my knee as I laughed.

"Rude," He said back to me. The atmosphere felt better after that. School however, was eh like usual. Gerard and I walked to English together, makes sense we have that class together right? Walk was still awkward. A tension was there but I don't know why. English was whatever, and then Government was boring. Like I know I should care but right now I'm not feeling that. After class was out I rushed out of the room to get to my locker as fast as I could, I just want to be in choir already. As I walked through the hall a strong hand on my arm nearly made me yelp. Turning around I saw it was Gerard.

"Uh hey," I said as I faced him, hoping he didn't know that he just scared me.

"Hey, uh do you want to maybe go see my batcave this weekend?" Gerard asked, he looked nervous. Understandable, cause this whole friendship makes me nervous.

"Oh yeah, that would be cool" I brushed my hair behind my ear, a nervous tick that always gets mistaken for flirting by literally everyone.

"C-cool", Gerard said. We stood in the hallway awkwardly for a moment. "Do you, uh, want to walk to choir together?"

"Sure! I just need to grab my math book first." Gerard nodded and walked to my locker. "Uh why didn't you just ask me during choir?"

"Well," Gerard leaned against the locker next to me, "I didn't want anyone hearing cause like, it would be weird hearing someone ask if you want to see their batcave." Gerard chuckled.

"Ohh shit yeah, people gonna think it's dirty," I laughed.

"Yup." He said popping the P. "And this is already awkward, so. Uh. Didn't think I needed other people to see that too." He said a bit quieter.

I laughed, "We are super awkward," I closed my locker and we headed off to choir.

"When did you want to hang out?" I asked as we approached the class.

"How about Friday? Unless you already have plans with Mikey" Gerard shoved his hands in his pockets.

"No, I'm free. Friday is good," I nodded as we walked into the room.

"Cool." We went to our separate seats on the risers where we sat in our vocal range section. The room wasn't really full yet, some people were standing by the piano messing around or just standing in the middle talking. Wait if we are hanging out so I can see the warehouse he hangs in, the fuck are the boys gonna think? And Kristin? What are we going to tell them?

I got up from my spot leaving my sheet music there and went straight to Gerard, plopping myself down on the riser his feet were resting on. He looked up surprised that I came over to him. I saw some kids looking at me too. Guess me hanging with Gerard isn't just weird to our friends.

"Uhh what are we telling Mikey and everyone," I whisper to him. I don't worry about being too quiet cause I know he can hear me. Gerard looked at me confused but realization dawned on him. We're hanging out with our friends knowing now. How are we going to explain that?

"Fuck," He said leaning his head back against the railing.

"Yup," I said looking at some kids by the piano who were looking at us and quickly looked away when I looked at them. Dumb sophomores and juniors.

"Uh the comic shop?" It sounded like a question and a statement, I couldn't help but look at him confused. "Aren't they doing like some party on Friday? We could say we're going to that since we both like comics." He whispered to me leaning in my space so the other people near us couldn't hear.

"That sounds good." I nodded as Gerard scooted back. "Wait that actually sounds fun, dang." I said leaning against his knee. I didn't notice Gerard stiffen a bit at that.

"Well we could stop by if you want," He said shrugging.

"Nah, they'll have another one next month we can go to." I said, noticing more people around and a boy standing awkwardly near us. "Am I in your seat?"

"Uh yeah," He said holding his music to his chest showing just how awkward he is. Poor freshmen.

"Sorry," I stood. "I'll talk to you later Gerard."

"Yeah," He waved me off as I went and sat where I put my music. Huh, things are gonna be interesting. I wonder what our friends will say. Wow it's only Tuesday and this week is just as different as I thought it was going to be.

A/N

Hey y'all! The next two chapters are longer. But I couldn't find a good place to separate them. so expect a 2.5k chapt and a near 4k one. I'm trying to keep them shorter so its like a fun installment. similar to a magazine. buuuuuuut we might be getting into the big boy chapter league.