4.2

(Three more chapters)

4.2

Sarah POV

"Oh, Sarah, honey, I'm so upset you're leaving soon." My mom tells me. It's January 2, and we're leaving the fifth. I'm excited to see everyone and get back into my routine, but I will miss my family.

"Me too." I say.

"I'm not. I can't wait to get her obnoxious butt out of here!" Matt jokes.

"You'll be going back to your dorm room soon, too, so even if I did stay here, you wouldn't see me as much." I point out.

"Yeah, but you'll be going back to Australia. So, I'll see you, what? Twice a year?"

"I'll Skype you like crazy to annoy from half way across the world."

"Oh, stop it you too. Michael, have you been enjoying it been so far?" My mother asks.

"Yes, very much. You have a lovely family."

"I try my hardest."

"So, uh, what would you like to do today?" I ask.

"Since you got here, it's been all family. How about you, Michael, and Diana go do something together." Mom suggests, "I'll pay."

"Michael?" I look over at him.

"That's fine."

"Yeah, okay. I'll go tell Diana, I think she was taking a shower." I say and I run upstairs. I knock on my bedroom door once I see that the bathroom door is open.

"Yes?" I hear from inside.

"Yeah, Di, it's me. Can I come in?"

"Sure." I open the door and see Diana halfway through getting dressed. It's fine, though, we're best friends.

"Hey, so King Momma says that if we want, since we've been spending all this time with my family, that you, Michael, and I can go to spend some time together. Does that sound okay?"

"Yeah, of course. Let me finish getting ready, then we can go."

"Well, I need to get ready, and so does Mikey." I walk out the room and call Michael. "Hey, she says she wants to, so, Michael, if you need to get ready, now is the time to do it." He nods and runs up to the guest room. I go into my room and quickly brush and braid my hair, and then change into a pair of leggings, combat boots, Michael's Sex Pistols shirt that I stole, with a red flannel over it.

"Ready?" I ask Diana.

"Yeah, I was just waiting for you." She says and we walk downstairs, where Michael is waiting for us.

"Ah, wonderful." He says when he sees up.

My mom walks up to me and gives me some cash. "Here is 75 dollars, don't lose it, use it wisely, don't do anything illegal, and if you get arrested, I'm shooting you. Good bye and have fun." She pushes us out the door and I laugh.

"What do you want to do?" I ask.

"Ice cream?" Diana suggests.

"In January? Are you fucking crazy?" I push that suggestion aside.

"Lunch?" Michael asks.

"And then a movie?"

"We might not have enough money for lunch and a movie, unless we get fast food."

"Sounds great." Diana says and we all get in the car. I'm driving, since it's Moms car, but both Diana and Michael go to the passenger seat door.

"Excuse you?" They both say.