1.8

1.8

Sarah POV

trigger

I scream and sob as the cold, metal blade comes in contact with my pale, scared, skin and my crimson blood pours out.

"I knew he would find me, goddamn it, I knew it!" Diana isn't here to stop me, and since I previously took my blades out of the freezer, they're able to be used. I got an itching feeling to cut. I tried drawing and everything Michael said, but it didn't work.

"Bye, babe. Call me of you need me!" Diana says as she leaves for work.

"Bye, Di!" The door stand shut and I sit down to watch TV. I'm playing with the multiple of bracelets on my scared filled wrist.

"I had to come back." The character on the show says.

Come back.

Robert came back. He wanted to kill me. And Michael.

I knew I shouldn't have gone celebrating that day. It's my fault Michael was almost killed. How would I reacted if he did die?

I'm so stupid.

The skin on my wrist starts to have this weird feeling on it, making me aware of my wrist. I look over at the kitchen, expecting to see my blades, but they're in a cabinet.

Draw on yourself.

I pull out a purple marker and I start to make short, jagged lines on my hips as I would do of I were cutting.

It doesn't work.

Draw a picture.

I find my sketch pad and start to draw. It looks out to be a girl sitting down, but that's a far as I got before I realized this wasn't working either.

Just do it.

I run and take my blades out of the cold water and I go upstairs

"I shouldn't have let my guards down and went to that club." I make another cut.

And another.

And another.

It seemed like for every thing I've done wrong about this problem, I made ten cuts.

"They said 'Don't actually have him yet, but we're getting there.' That's only halfway. Don't celebrate halfway, you celebrate done, over. Why would I do that?" I continue to make cuts over and over again, and I continue to sob and scream.

"Why am I so fucking stupid?!" I make a cut

"Sarah, Sarah! Stop, stop." Mikey comes in running and he wrestles my blade away.

"Sarah, why are you doing this?"

"Michael, I know that I said I would try to stop cutting, but this is too much. He found me, Mikey! He threatened to kill you, to kill me, I can't handle that! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He pulls me into a hug and I sob into his shirt, my arm still bleeding.

"Darling, we should probably get you cleaned up." I nod and he leads me to the kitchen, still sobbing. He tells me to jump onto the counter and I do. He takes my hand and wipes up the blood. Then he holds something above it, but it just hovers.

"Now, Sarah, I'm very sorry, but this is going to hurt. Like a lot." I just nod and he puts it on my cut, which, just as he said, hurts a lot. I suck in a breath. Luckily, my sobbing has slowed down a little bit.