1.0

1.0

Sarah POV

"No, Sarah, don't do it." I tell myself. It's 3 in the morning and I couldn't sleep due to the immense feeling of wanting to cut. Michaels words came back to me from the date.

"Draw a picture. Only focus on that picture."

I run to get my drawing supplies and I quickly start to draw. No clue what; I'm just drawing.

"You could just call me. I'll be over there quickly to help you with whatever you need."

I pick up my phone and quickly call him. A groggy voice picks up after five rings.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Michael, sorry, did I wake you?"

"Yeah, but that doesn't matter. What's up?"

"I wanna cut again."

"I'll be there in five minutes." He says and hangs up.

"Put your blades in a plastic container and freeze it."

I run to do that. When I'm done, Michael is at the door.

"Don't do it, Sarah." He says.

"My blades are in the freezer." I say as I'm drawing. He sits down next to me.

"Good. I can see you're listening to my advice."

"Yeah, it's pretty helpful, too."

"Great. Sarah, I want to tell you something."

"Go ahead."

"I can't stand the sight of you in pain. Any pain; physical, emotional, mental. It hurts me. I want you to get better. Cutting yourself isn't the answer. They're are many other ways."

"Michael, I want to tell you something."

"Go ahead."

"I can't stand being hurt. I want to get better, too. I know that cutting isn't the answer, but at this point, I'm desperate. The thoughts floating around in my head are too much for me to handle. And cutting is only way that I've found that actually works."

"Well, we can change that. We can see if this drawing thing works out."

"Michael, what we really need to do is find something that will permanently get these thoughts out. Drawing and cutting are only temporary."

"That's up to you."

"Huh?"

"You need to tell yourself something. Robert is not coming back and I have my friends to support me at every step of the way. Every day. When you wake up, brush your teeth, eat, shower, scrolling through Twitter, all the time. Anytime you want to cut."

"I think I can do that." I say, still drawing. I can tell it's a person but I'm not sure who it is exactly.

"We can text you that."

"What?"

"The five of us. At random moments of the day we'll text you Robert is not coming back and we are here to support you every step of the way."

"But that means I'll have to tell Ash, Calum, and Luke."

"You tell them when you're ready. Diana and I will only text you that for now."

"Actually, I think I will tell them. Later today."

"Okay."

"Do you think I should?"