3.4

3.4

Michael POV

Today is December 12, Sarah's birthday and also 13 days until Christmas.

Skylar and I have our project done, although its due in two days. It took much patience, and a lot of sighs, and a few moments of wanting to stab my throat, but through much torture, we got it done. Finally.

In three days, we're leaving for Massachusetts. Our tickets are paid for, we have our passports, we know the plan. We've got it all. Plane takes off at eight at night, boards at seven forty five, and we should be landing around five the following day - the sixteenth - with one stop in New York, and with the hour drove to her town, we should at get house around six. We will be exhausted, but I hope our trip will be fun. We leave the fifth of January.

I am taking her out on a date to celebrate her birthday. She doesn't like the cliche dinner date kind of thing, so I have to be creative. I've already done the watching the night stars thing, and dinner on a roof, but I've never taken her to the zoo.

I knock on her door at seven o'clock and a few seconds later, she's at the door.

"What could you possibly want this early, Mikey?" Sarah asks as she rubs the sleep out of her eyes. I don't think she realizes it's her birthday.

"Happy birthday, baby!" I yell.

"Shhhh! Michael is seven, Diana is still sleeping!"

"Happy birthday, baby!" I whisper.

"Thank you, Michael. I didn't even realize that." She smiles and gives me a peck on the lips. "Now, I'm thinking there's a reason you woke me up at seven."

"Yes! The zoo gets too busy if you get there too late, and it gets crowded. If we leave soon, we'll have a good three hours that won't be too crowded."

"You're taking me to the zoo?"

"That's my gift."

"Thank you. Let me get changed quickly."

"I would also write a letter to Diana telling her what's going on."

"Okay." She shuts the door and a few minutes later, she's back out, ready to go.

"Ready?"

"Ready!"

-

We're at the zoo now, looking at the tigers.

"Do you think he'll eat my arm off if I stick in in there?" Sarah asks. She's leaning against my chest and I'm hugging her.

"Probably."

"That's unfortunate. I wanted to pet it." I kiss the top of her head.

"Do you want to go see the zebras?"

"Sure." We start walking towards the zebras and along the way, we see koalas (they're my favorite) and kangaroos. (Not that the kangaroos are that interesting, we see them in our yards all the time.)

"I love zebras." Sarah says.

"Do you?"

"Yeah. They're so cool, with their stripes and stuff."

"Yeah, they are pretty cool."

"I'm hungry, can we get food?"

"Anything for the birthday girl." I crouch down in front of her. "Get on."

"What are you doing?"

"Get on, I'll give you a piggy back ride." I offer and soon, I feel her climb on my back.