Epilouge

Epilogue

It's been 50 years. 50 years ago today, I met Michael.

To be honest with you, the best fifty of my life.

Before the wonderful day fifty years ago, I was kidnapped, raped, and banished from my family. I started cutting. What did Michael do? He saved my life. Maybe not literally, like I would have died if he didn't come around, but mentally. Michael made my life millions of times better.

In 2021, Michael and I tied the knot. We were dating for four years, until 2018, then he proposed. It was really sweet. He bought tickets for my family to come down to Australia, but just my immediate family. It was too much for him to but everyone a ticket. A good amount ended up coming by themselves, though. Due to my lack of sisters, Diana was my maid of honor. Indie and Andrea were bridesmaids. Luke was Michael's best man, with Ashton and Calum as his groomsmen.

Luke and Diana were married two months after us. It was a beautiful wedding, and her dress was breathtaking. When she started down that isle, it was definitely her that took Luke's breath. She truly looked like a princess.

Andrea and Ashton had a constant on and off relationship. They both made shitty decisions, they fought, they made up. In 2019, they decided to take a break from their relationship. Andrea took a vacation to Los Angeles to clear her head, but after two days Ashton couldn't stand it anymore. He flew down there and found her, they made up, for good. They talked through their relationship and decided what they needed to do to not be like that again. It was undoubtfully true, no matter how much they argue, they love each other. They got married in 2023.

Indie and Calum were a different story. They never argued. Ever. It was freaky, like they were dating each other. They made it work, though. Actually, they were married first. They married six months before Michael and I.

We all had our own kids. Michael and I had two little girls, twins. Those small humans were the center of my life ever since I saw the little black lines. I was so excited, Michael and I have been trying for weeks. I immediately ran down to his work. He owned a music store. I didn't care, I sprinted down there with the stick in my hand. Luckily, it wasn't too far. I got there and burst through the doors. He was so surprised. There was a customer that he was speaking with, but I screamed the news and he broke down in tears. It was sweet, my tough husband, crying because his wife was pregnant. I embraced him in a tight hug. The employees and customers applauded.

July 6, 2025 was the day I gave birth to them. One at 10:47 AM, the next at 10:56. They were identical, but I could tell them apart.

The best thing was, all our kids were best friends. We all had kids around the same time. They grew up together, it was precious. I always daydreamed about my kids and my best friends kids growing up together, to form a strong bond with each other over the years. It happened and I'm forever grateful.

Watching them grow up was the most amazing thing I've ever done. Growing old myself with the love of my life was the only thing I've ever wanted. I was so proud of my family, and not only Michael and my daughters, but our friends and their kids.

The first day I was kidnapped, I thought that was the end. I would never live on, never have a happy life. I thought that'd I'd spend the rest of my life in that damn house with that damn man. Luckily for me, I was wrong, and Robert was an idiot. He was stupid enough to not lock the door, giving me a chance to escape. Then I ran and ran some more, finally running far enough he couldn't catch up.

But now, I had a bigger problem. I was in Melbourne for the first time, and I was completely lost. I found a building I recognized, and then Michael.

I guess, in a way, being kidnapped helped me out. It gave me a chance to meet Michael. I probably would have met him some other time, we lived in the same building. I probably would not have become friends, though.

It's amazing how one thing leads to another, and if that never happened, how different your life would be.