0.7

0.7

Sarah POV *before phone call with Michael.*

trigger warning

He's free and out there. What if he comes back? What if he tries to kill me? He was pretty pissed when he realized I was running away. He has a huge temper. He doesn't take things well.

I'm so scared.

I don't think I could handle that. He's a big man. Strong, tall, muscular. He could crush me within seconds.

Thoughts float around my brain, invading every part of it, and making me hold back sobs and grip the blade in my hand.

I've never done this before, but I just want to drown out the emotional pain with physical pain. It's an experiment.

I take a deep breath and slide the blade across my wrist, deep red blood pouring out of the newly cut wound.

One cut.

I finally choke out a sob and I do it again.

Two cuts.

It feels good. I'm not thinking about damn Robert, but instead of the blade and blood and cuts.

Three cuts.

Four, five, and six cuts.

"I wish this never happened. I'm so fucking paranoid because of him." I whisper.

Seven, eight cuts.

"Damn you, Robert!" I yell and continue to cut and sob.

Nine, ten, eleven, twelve cuts.

"Sarah?" Diana knocks on the door, but hears me sobbing and rushes in. "Sarah, what's wr- Oh, my God! Why would you do this?" She asks and rushes to help me up. She guides me to the bathroom and starts to clean and bandage my cuts.

"He's going to come back." I whisper.

"Who?"

"Robert. He's going to come back. And he's going to kill me."

"And how does cutting yourself help solve this problem?"

"It doesn't. I was just hoping I could get my mind off that by doing this."

"Sarah, you know that me and guys will always help you with whatever you need. We'll help you through this. He won't get to you as long as we're here. " She tells me.

"I know."

"Also, exercise has been found to be the most helpful thing to use to do when wanting to get your mind off things, or for stress." (true fact)

"Alright, so on Saturday, we will have a girls day, which will include an exercise session." I say.

"Sounds great. Now, that you're all bandaged up, let's go put on a different shirt."

-

"Call him." Diana says and hands me my phone.

"Who?"

"Michael."

"Why?"

"'Cause he makes you happy. Call him." So I did.

"Sarah, hey." He answers.

"Hello, Mikey."

"You know, I love that accent you have when you say hello." I laugh a little a smile at Diana.