3.5

3.5

Sarah POV

I have just finished my midterms, and it's five thirty. If we want to make it to our flight on time, we must leave soon.

I'm in my dorm room with Diana and Michael, just getting my last minute things ready. Toothbrush, hair brush, tooth paste, a few pairs of underwear. Since we're going to be there for three weeks, we are obviously going to need to do laundry. Still, my bag is quite large and quite full.

"Sarah, you ready to go?" Mike asks me. I do a mental check list in my head.

"Do you have the tickets, boarding passes and passports?"

"I have them." Diana says.

"Then yes, I'm ready." Before we leave, we say a quick goodbye to all our friends, including Andrea and Indie, since they were here.

The ride to the airport is hectic. We're in a city, and airports are always busy. Luckily though, all three of us get through security and to our gate with no problems at 7:25. Twenty minutes before we start to board.

"Hey, guys. I'm kind of hungry. I'm just going to get a quick bite to eat." Michael says, nodding towards the McDonalds near our gate.

"Please be quick. And don't get a drink." I tell him.

"No problem. Do you guys want something?"

"No, thanks." Diana says for the both of us. Mike nods and starts to go get food.

I sigh before I say anything, "I hope my parents aren't disappointed."

"In what?"

"In me! In Michael. Not you, they've always loved you."

"C'mon, Sar. They wouldn't have decided to invite you if they thought they'd be disappointed."

"See Di, this is why I love you." I lay my head on her shoulder and she responds by putting her head on mine.

"Awh, thanks, Sarah. I love you too." We sit like that for a few seconds until Michael comes back.

"Hey, Sarah. You gonna introduce me to your new girlfriend?" He jokes. I laugh and lift up my head.

"Sweetheart, this is Michael, my best friend. Michael, this is Diana, my girlfriend." I fake introduce.

"Nice to meet you." Diana says.

"Everyone here is flying to New York City, New York, going on to Boston, Massachusetts, right?" A lady that works here asks on her microphone. When she doesn't here any no's, she calls out the first set of people. A 1-30. Those thirty people stand up and get in line. Diana, Mikey and I are A 56, 57, and 59, so we're in the next group.

When those first thirty people are boarded, A 31-60 is called up. We get in the back, but eventually, we file onto the plane. Diana decides to sit right next to the wing of the plane. She's in the aisle seat, I'm next to her in the middle, with Mikey by the window.

"These next twenty four hours are going to be the worst hours of my life." Diana says.

"Yeah, probably." I agree. There's still people finding seats, but overall, it looks like we're all on.

The flight attendant starts to speak about safety and shit, but I don't really listen to what she's saying. Eventually, I feel us moving towards the runway.

"Oh God, oh God, oh God." Diana says once we start to pick up. I laugh at her reaction since she's always hated the take offs.

I fall asleep after we've steadily been flying for a few minutes.