The Amulets of Mertiaten ⚜ Ch. 2

Baltazar couldn't wait for every class to start his first day. As he walked into Magic and World History, he was met with the sight of magic maps and globes around the borders of the room. They glowed with points that they would be learning about through the year. He sat down and soon someone came to sit in the desk just across from him. 

The boy was beautiful, with a dark complexion and thick brown hair. The way he sat made Bal wonder if he was a prince. 

He wanted to talk to him, but what to say? In nervousness he blurted, "Ola, eu sou lindo. I-I mean, you're cute. I'm sorry. No wait, I'm Baltazar."

He raised a brow. "Ola. Eu sou Camillio."

Amazing, he actually gave his name after that train wreck. Baltazar looked at him in surprise. "You speak Portuguese?"

Nodding, he leaned back in his chair. "I'm from Brazil."

"Oh. That's a long trip," he noted.

Camillio nodded and smiled. "Very long. But it's worth it to come to a place like this."

"It's incredible, isn't it?" Baltazar sighed.

He grinned. "Almost as good as Castelobruxo."

Bal narrowed his eyes playfully. "We all know Hogwarts is the best."

"Probably," he laughed. "But I think this school might just come close." 

Baltazar nodded. "It just might."