Resident Prince Charming ⚜ Ch. 6

Christmas seemed to come overnight, with a heavy snow fall, decorations going up, and hot cocoa being offered in all the common areas. Once his light homeworks were done, Marc went there to sketch.

He wasn't there for long before someone called out to him.

"Prince Marc, over here."

He looked up in surprise to see Ardenne. Taking his book and pen, he walked over to see her. "Princess, how are you?"

She smiled. "I'm alright. I seemed to have misplaced my book, but I'm sure I'll find it. Merry Christmas, by the way. Well, early Christmas. It's only the second. Amazing how quickly they've decorated this enormous castle."

As she rambled on, he couldn't help but grin. "You seem happy," he noted.

"Do I?" She couldn't wipe the smile off her face. "I um, I overheard Lucien talking about me. He told his friend he thought I was good looking."

Mark sat down across from her and shook his head. "'Good looking' is a lazy and lousy way to describe you, Princess. I'm only starting to get to know you, but that much is clear."

In the low light he couldn't see her blush. "Oh... I see you've been doing some Christmas sketches."

The prince looked down to see that his notebook had fallen open. He chuckled. "Oh, yes. I suppose it's as good an inspiration as any."

Ardenne nodded. "Yes, it is."

The bell rang, signaling the end of break, and everyone started gathering their things.

"I'll see you another time then," Marc smiled, standing.

She smiled and nodded, reaching down for her bookbag. "Bye."

He went back to the desk he'd been sitting at and collected his things, but on the way out of the commons, he bumped into her again. "Oh I'm sorry, I've got to stop doing this to you."

The princess chuckled. "I'm not one to mind."

They both realized at the same moment that they were standing under the mistletoe, and laughed awkwardly.

Marc rubbed the back of his neck. "Watch out, this place will be overrun with Christmas mice pranks soon."

She laughed. "Then you'll really have to watch your step. Bye." With that, she hurried off, and he smiled.