Viking Blood ⚜ Ch. 2

Eirik met Princess Rannva of Iceland the previous year, and they quickly took to each other. She got him a horse for Christmas, and he never stopped talking about it.

In part, he wanted her to know he appreciated it, however, he was oblivious to her not appreciating how often he talked about it.

They were hanging out with everyone at break, including the pair's best friends Kalina and Negasi - and Eirik was boring them all.

"The Icelandic Pony you gave me last year, Valka, I'm thinking she'll be a jumper more than a racer. She's only a hand taller than Loki, but she has more of a competitive spirit. As in showy, competitive." He chuckled. "But don't worry, I'm not a dandy like that third year Laora. With all my horses I compete for capability sometimes in spite of breeding, including my own," he smirked referring to his albinism.

Negasi looked like he was about to nod off, and Kalina gave her friend a look of desperation.

Rannva sighed. "Eirik, perhaps we could talk about something more... inclusive."

"Oh. Sure," he nodded, winking. "Can't leave everyone else out. What do you want to talk about?"

She smiled and scooted a little closer. "Well, my birthday's coming up..."

"Yeah? I'll get you a gift. What would you like?" he asked.

Her smile faded a little. She knew he meant to be kind in being so direct, but it wasn't what she'd hoped for. "Oh, well, I um, I'm not sure..."

Just then the bell rang, and he stood, helping her up. "Well let me know. Maybe later we can go to the stables." He winked as he left, not seeing her frown as he went back into the Knights castle.