The Amulets of Mertiaten ⚜ Ch. 1

Master Baltazar Quintal of Porto y Azores of The Portugese Republic  Magic Academy, year one - 15✧❈✧

Magic Academy, year one - 15
✧❈✧

Was Hogwarts nearly this exciting? It couldn't be.

Baltazar walked through the halls of the Magic Academy, his bags floating along behind him. All around him was magical chaos - enchanted paper planes racing each other around, fireworks, someone's escaped toad, not to mention the purple spotted cat.

He climbed a twisting staircase - that literally twisted upwards in an endless spiraling motion - and finally found the tower that held the boys' dormitories.

Walking in, he was faced with even more chaos. Half a bookshelf was missing its books, all fluttering around through the air. Someone's shoes were stuck to the wall as though they'd tried to climb it. And on the sofa was a green hamster a few other first years were trying to catch.

Everything was so bright and colourful.

He went up and found a dorm with a bunk clear. Going to sit on it, he tried out his new focus rings. With all his concentration, the bedspread began turning orange in ripples like intense heat. And then back to green. With a sigh, he pulled out his wand, and it did the trick.

Going over to the wardrobe at the end of his bunk, he opened it, shrieking as a mouse hopped out like a kangaroo.

"Curious," he grinned.

He looked up as someone thundered up the stairs. Rather, two someone's. They barreled into the room, knocking over a lamp in the process.

"Whoops." One drew his wand and cast a quick repair spell.

"Hey look, new guy."

"I'm Ryuu," the one said, putting away his wand. "I'm from Japan."

"And I'm Badran. I'm from Asir. Who are you?"

He waved. "I'm Baltazar. I'm from Portugal."

"Look at what he did to the bed! How'd you make it change colours?" Ryuu asked.

"Easy colour change spell," he shrugged. "Transmuto colorado."

Ryun grinned. "Cool! Transmuto colorado. Transmuto colorado."

Badran came over to see. "While this idiot tries to make his bed pink, what class do you think you'll do best in?"

The wizard scowled. "Not pink, red! Transmuto colorado."

Baltazar thought for a moment. "Well, probably basic charms and potions."

"I hear Professor Arusha can make even the hardest potions," Badran said.

"I think I'll do best in incantation & caster training, thanks for asking," Ryuu said, finally getting his bed to turn red.

"I don't need caster training," Badran boasted.

Ryuu smirked. "I don't need a wand to do this." Taking a deep breath, he breathed out a stream of fire.

Baltazar grinned. Looking back to Badran he asked, "What are you, a mage?"

"A warlock! See watch this." He plopped onto the foot of Baltazar's bed and held out his hand. Magic began to appear on his palm. It spun and sparked so that it looked like he held a galaxy in the palm of his hand.

"Woah!"

He smirked. "So wicked, right?"

Baltazar grinned. "So wicked."