Between The Lines ⚜ Ch. 10

Some time later, things had changed. Or rather, Gia had changed. She no longer put on airs trying to impress, she accepted people more, and accepted less of what she didn't deserve. 

And of course she accepted Altina's love.

Her time with the Albanian princess had led to a few new friendships, including a pair that invited them both out for a day of sailing.

Gia rode down to the lake with the girl, Ginevra. "Gin, do you suppose they've already got the boat in the water?" she asked.

"Oh I'm sure," the other princess nodded. 

They got out of the cab, their sun dresses blowing in the spring breeze. They walked leisurely down the dock, the gleaming white boat visible long before the shore. 

"Glad you could make it," the prince of Nejd smiled.

"Of course, Iman. Thank you for inviting us." When Gia caught a glance of Altina, she grinned - she was wearing the old loose white shirt she'd worn when dressing as a pirate.

She and Iman moved to the boat entrance to help the girls on. "Highnesses, you look lovely."

"Welcome aboard. We have food and drinks, if you like," Iman said, helping Ginevra on.

When Altina took Gia's hand, she leaned close and whispered, "Playing pirate today, I see."

The girl's eyes widened, and she grinned. "Careful, or I might not let you leave this boat, Princess."

Gia blushed. "It is a lovely boat."

Iman glanced over his shoulder, pausing his adjustment on the rigging. "I'm glad you think so."

Altina held out a hand for her to sit down, and she took a place across from Ginevra. 

"We're ready to cast off," the Captain announced. 

Iman nodded, looking to the other princess. "Care to help?"

"I'll leave this to the experts," Altina replied, sitting next to Gia.

They watched as the Captain and Iman guided the boat away from the dock and put up the sails. 

"We're off." Iman sat down with the others and sighed. "It's such a beautiful day."

"Mm, it reminds me of home," Ginevra mused.

Gia smiled, taking a soda off the tray on the table. "Perhaps we could visit this summer. Tavolara is just a boat ride away, after all."

"I'd love that," the princess nodded.

Altina took a drink as well and held it up. "Here's to summer in March."

The others took the last sodas and they all toasted.

"I'll drink to that," Gia smiled.

Her princess took a sip and leaned closer. Tilting back her hat, she stole a quick kiss. "I'll drink to us, Princess."

✧❈✧ 

Thank you for reading and voting on the seventh installment of the Royal Academy Diaries series! 
Keep reading to find out what the secretive Prince of Romania is hiding.