Dragonfly ⚜ Ch. 4

The catalogue was a bust. There wasn't a single helpful thing inside it. Worse yet, her roommates Olga and Tamina now thought she was considering Western fashion.

And so the attitude of the day was orange. Rather her eyes and anarkali suit were.

Her black uniform cloak did little to hide the bold colour choice as they snuck out of class, off the Magic Academy campus, and onto the Royal Academy grounds.

None of the third years seemed to remember the legend - at least never in the kind of detail they needed, and so drastic measures had to be taken.

Sneaking around the school, they tried to find the Gemology class. Which was much more difficult that they'd anticipated.

Avantika cast a charm that replayed the words of people that had walked through the halls last, and the jumble was very difficult to decipher. All they really listened for was 'Gemology', and even that much was hard through the outside walls.

"Ugh, come on!" she mumbled under her breath, holding a hand towards a new piece of the wall to try.

"We're going to get caught out here," Stefan hissed.

"Our sources say there aren't extra textbooks this year, so this is the only way we're going to get one. Oh, did someone say..."

She trailed off, both of their attention going to someone else who looked like they weren't supposed to be there. The redhead slipped into a side door that Avantina presumed led towards the dungeons.

And he was wearing a Magic Academy uniform.

"That was weird..." she muttered, her eyes yellow with caution.

"I'm not sure if it's comforting that we're not the only weirdos out here...?" Stefan gestured to a new part of the wall and blew a bubble in his gum. "Come on, I think there's another hall through here."

She stared at him like he'd grown three heads. "What is that?"

"Bubble gum," he grinned, showing off his newfound skill. "It's a new thing."

She wanted to say it wasn't a classy thing, but not wanting to shoot his happy self down, she just sighed. Going back to the spell, she now directed it towards classrooms.

Stefan blew another bubble, and a voice scared him into popping it.

A guard was walking towards them. "Hey! Shouldn't you two be in class? Wait, are you from the Magic school?"

Avantika huffed and dropped her hands. "Great."