Fire & Ice ⚜ Ch. 1

Prince Ivan Comaneci of The Kingdom of RomaniaRoyal Academy, year two - 16 ✧❈✧

Royal Academy, year two - 16
✧❈✧

A small party gathered on the steps of a castle in Romania.

"My third son, off to school again. Already!" the Queen sighed. "Oh Ivan darling, I hope seeing your old friends can lift you out of this shadow you've been in all summer. Those dark circles under your eyes just keep getting worse."

A chill ran through the prince as she touched his cheek. Stay calm.

"Oh, and do say hello to Liliya for me."

Liliya would never be safe around him, he knew full well. "Yes mother. Goodbye." He bowed, picking up his trunks to take to the carriage. The footman strapped them down while he climbed into the coach.

He cringed as the man got a small cut from the sharp metal strap. Why did the smell have to be so strong?

His nightmares were haunted with the smell of blood. If anyone found out, it would be nothing but pain.

Prince Ivan looked out the carriage window at his castle, shrouded in mist as they drove away. All he could do was hope that he would be able to return. Or rather, be able to return without having caused too much damage.

Even he didn't know the extent of his abilities - all destructive though, he was certain. Already he lived a half life, locked away within stone walls where he might be safe.

Where others might be safe.

Such dark thoughts clouded his mind as he drove off to school. He just prayed he wouldn't hurt anyone there.

The only reason he was going was because it was his best chance at becoming human again.

As the morning sun rose, he closed the curtain and prayed that he would find a cure.