Chapter 41: An Invitation

Previously...

"Look, if you don't want speculation, get whatever is going on behind the scenes figured out otherwise people are going to talk. I can feel your tension from over here and I'm sure it's visible to others as well," Solidad advised. She was right. Even though he denied it to, there was definitely something going on behind the scenes between them that was definitely more than friendly feelings.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The contest wasn't for two more days so they had time to wander around the city and practice. She had dragged Drew with her to the Goldenrod department store to look around just for the sake of it, most likely to his annoyance. She was looking at some toys for her Pokemon when her PokeNav buzzed in her pocket. Curious, she looked to see who had sent her a message.

I have something to talk to you about! What is the closest Pokémon center?

I'm in Goldenrod City right now

Okay! Let me know when you get to a video phone!

"Hey Drew, I've got to go to the Pokemon Center, Ash wants to talk with me about something. You don't have to come if you don't want to," he frowned slightly as she spoke.

"Sure I'll come with. It's not like I have anything better to do anyway," Drew shrugged. He sounded slightly annoyed. She wondered why. Then again, he and Ash never got along too well anyways so maybe he was just annoyed by him or something like that. The Pokemon Center was near the department store so it didn't take long before she was sitting in front of the video phone while Drew stood off to the side. She messaged Ash that she was waiting and within a minute the video phone rang. She selected to connect and the video came into focus.

"Hey! It really has been awhile!" Ash exclaimed, energetic as ever.

"Yeah! How are you?" She asked.

"Just got my third gym badge not too long ago!" He grinned as he showed her his badge case.

"Nice work! Drew and I are shooting for our third ribbon in a couple days!" She exclaimed.

"Good luck and do your best!" Ash encouraged.

"So what was it that you wanted to talk to me about?" She asked curiously.

"Well, it's a bit short notice, but in a week, the Wallace Cup is taking place here in Sinnoh, I thought it would be cool to meet up if you wanted to enter!" He said.

"That sounds like a lot of fun!" She said excitedly. "Drew?"

"You don't need my permission, go visit your friends, we probably need a break from each other anyways," he said. May laughed.

"Yeah, probably," she said.

"This may be a little rude of me to ask, but my friend Dawn is also a coordinator, but she hasn't been doing well in contests recently. It would be really awesome if you could help her out and give her some tips. I can't really give her the help she needs myself," he trailed off with a worried expression.

"I can try!" She said. His face broke out into his signature wide grin.

"Thank you so much!" He exclaimed. "Anyways, let me know when you are heading this way and when you get here!" He said.

"Will do! It was nice talking with you!" She waved.

"You too!" He said waving back. She then disconnected the call.

"Sorry, going is a bit selfish, but I'd like to visit them!" May apologized.

"It's fine, don't worry about me," he smiled reassuringly. It was that adorable soft smile that she only got to see ever so often. She had to refocus herself.

"What will you do while I'm gone?" She asked.

"I'll probably stay here, I'll ask Solidad, and I guess by extension Harley, if they want to stay with me and watch you from the tv," he shrugged.

"I just feel bad," she frowned.

"Don't worry about me, just have fun," he said.

"Okay," she said reluctantly. It was quiet between them for a moment before she spoke again.

"You know, it had been so long since I talked to Ash. It's kinda funny, being around that guy every day would get so annoying! We would clash a bunch, but I guess absence makes you fonder because I wasn't as annoyed at his overzealousness as I used to get," she said fondly. She stood up out of the chair and they walked towards the exit.

"You know, you and Ash always seemed to clash. What was up with that?" She asked as they walked out of the Pokemon Center.

"Well, it's like what you said, overzealous types bother me. He also didn't like me," he said.

"He thought you were arrogant and stuck up, like me," she laughed. He crossed his arms with a slight frown. He was definitely pouting and that made her laugh even more.

"But now I know that you didn't want to really let people close. But that was half of it. The other half was that you were an arrogant jerk," she teased.

"It's called having confidence in myself," he said matter of factly.

"Uh-huh... so anyways, you and Ash butted heads because you thought he was too hyper and annoying and Ash thought you were a stuck up jerk," she laughed at the silliness of it.

"Err, mostly," he said quietly.

"Mostly?" She asked, stopping her laughter short.

"I guess I was also... jealous," he said, turning his head slightly away from her. She could still see the red on his cheeks. Her own face was also a bit warm.

"Jealous? Of what?" She asked, now super invested in what he was going to say next.

"Uhhh, nevermind, forget about it," he dismissed it.

"Now I have to know!" She begged him.

"It's nothing," he said.

"Please!"

"Drop it," he said, annoyed.

"If you didn't want to talk about it, then why did you bring it up in the first place?" She pouted.

"It just sort of slipped out, now enough," he sighed.

"Oh, we are most definitely gonna talk about this another day so don't think you've won!" She warned him.

"Shut up," he mumbled, turning his head away from her, his hand covering his cheeks and mouth. He was so cute when he was embarrassed.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

-A/N-

Uggh I'm so tired! I hope you all enjoyed this! These next couple of chapters are going to be a lot of work for me so yaaaay for that. Online school has been leaving me extremely burnt out recently and I have like one brain cell that's still forcing me to finish my stuff on time instead of slacking off and not doing my work. Valuing your education sucks sometimes. Anyways, until next time!

YouDontKnowShipping