Chapter 47: The In Betweens

Previously...

"Thank you so much!" May said gratefully.

"Anyways, I've got to go, but I hope to see you around May," Yuki said as she waved goodbye and headed down the hallway.

"Come on Eevee, return!"

So Glaceon, huh?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Drew had been moping around ever since May left. Though truthfully he had been moping around since before May left. Things were weird between them and now she was traveling to a different region to visit one of her guy friends, after he rejected her, and speaking of guy friends, Brendan was going to murder him if he found out what had happened.

His heart ached as he thought of her happy with somebody else. He hated the idea of that and he hated how it made his gut wrench and he hated that he couldn't do anything about it. He truly was pathetic. He was so busy wallowing in his pity party that he didn't notice one of his own Pokemon was feeling down and defeated.

It took him way too long to realize that even though they had won, Roselia was embarrassed and ashamed of fainting during the contest battle against Harley and Solidad. He tried to cheer her up, but Roselia just wasn't having it. It seemed she had felt she had reached her limit. That was until Drew remembered something in his bag. He dug around for a few moments before pulling out the shiny stone that one Team Rocket member had dropped.

"With this, you'll be able to evolve. I don't want to force this on you. It's what you want Roselia," he said as he offered it out to her with a stretched hand. Roselia hesitated, contemplating her choices before finally reaching out and touching the stone. Roselia and the stone began to glow brightly together as Roselia evolved. It seemed as though the stone was being absorbed by Roselia's evolution and when it was done, not a trace of the stone was left behind.

In front of him stood his partner in a new form. What had resembled a bud as Roselia's head bloomed into a white rose and it became a much darker and deeper green. The red rose and blue rose grew into separate bouquets. His Roselia had evolved into Roserade, and judging by her expression and posture, she was feeling a lot better about herself. He was glad and while he was going to miss her as a Roselia, he was looking forward to much more she could do as a Roserade.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once May had arrived in Snowpoint City, the first thing she did was contact Ash from the Pokemon Center. Luckily he picked up and he explained they should meet at Port Valor but she told him she wanted to evolve her Eevee first. Thus began her adventure onto route 217 as Yuki had told her.

It was terribly snowy and cold and May could hardly see her own hands in front of her face as she stumbled through the snow. After what seemed like hours, she stumbled across a boulder of ice and before she could do anything, Eevee broke out of its Pokeball and ran towards the ice. It placed a paw on the ice before glowing. She watched as her Eevee evolved into the cold ice type Glaceon. Eevee, or Glaceon now, was very happy with its change and out of nowhere shot a ice shard.

"Okay you! Calm down!" She laughed before returning the vivacious ice type. Once she finally trudged across the wasteland of snow, she stayed in Celestic Town for the night. When she got up the next morning, she caught a bus down to a city on Lake Valor where she caught a boat to the other side. There meeting up with Ash and Brock and meeting their new companion Dawn.

She was also a Pokemon Coordinator and she and Dawn became fast friends. She didn't know why, but she felt compelled to tell Dawn about Drew and what had happened. While it was nice talking about it with Solidad because as an older woman she had a more mature view, sometimes it was nice to talk with somebody your own age who understands how you feel. It wasn't a one way exchange though. Dawn had revealed her crush to May as well and May gave her some words of encouragement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was no surprise she lost the Wallace Cup. She was off her game, and she was used to having Drew by her side to support her. It was weird without him not to mention she was distracted by missing him and their drama. She didn't think she would miss him that much just leaving for a quick visit, but she longed to see him again so much it hurt. She wished that she didn't have to be separated from him eventually.

This was supposed to be a break so they could spend some time away from each other, yet the whole time all she could think about was him and how much she missed him. It was quite embarrassing. On the other hand, she was glad she had a part in helping Dawn gain some confidence in contests again after struggling for a while.

The two exchanged numbers on the PokeNav before she left. While it was sad to leave her old friends and her new one, she longed to see Drew again. It had felt like an eternity since she'd seen him but even then, they weren't speaking much either. The whole thing was just confusing and complicated. Dawn did send her a few encouraging texts that she could do it, which was greatly appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drew was a bit disappointed that May had lost, but she did make it very far. Just by observing her, he could tell she was a bit off her game, but he couldn't blame her because that had been his fault. Still, he was impatiently waiting for her to arrive and he was getting antsy. He missed her much more than he cared to admit to himself, but he did care for her and she was his partner so of course he missed her. He tried his best not to show it in front of Solidad and Harley, but Solidad had a way of figuring things out. He felt his PokeNav buzz to see that May had texted him. He eagerly opened up to discover it saying she'd make it to Goldenrod the next day. He couldn't wait to see her again and continue journeying but he'd never tell her that.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

-A/N-

I'm sorry this chapter is so choppy and lackluster, but I know a few of you commented you wouldn't mind me skipping parts of it because it would be tedious to do the episodes so I took full advantage of that and only filled in some gaps in between, hence the name of the chapter. I'm sure most of you want to just get on with the story too so I don't want to drag it out more than I have to.

Also, I think I may need to change what day I upload on. I can't do Monday's, Wednesday's, or Sundays because I have stuff going on in the evening that make me tired. Maybe not Tuesday either. I don't know. I've just been having a hard time because I have a lot of school work.

My precalc homework I have 16 questions and 5 of them have THIRTEEN PARTS! THIRTEEN! Like excuse me ma'am while I go cry in the corner because I'm overwhelmed! Anyways, I'll try my best to get a chapter out next week but I just don't know. Until next time,

YouDontKnowShipping